Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 8 years, I'm leaving the art world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 8 years, I'm leaving the art world.

Eight years ago, I stumbled into the strange world hidden in the background of the art world. That place where white gloves and cranes collide. Where you handle a million dollars one day, and dig holes the next. During my time in the business, history passed through my fingers. Picasso, Etruscan bronzes, Sitting Bulls rifle, King Tut.....I worked with them all. I drove all over this country and installed everywhere from the Getty, to the Metropolitan.

It's an amazing job, but also a stressful one. You're always only one mistake away from having your name etched in history. And, with my kids getting older, traveling was just getting too hard.

I got a call from my friend Aaron (William Wallace) asking if I wanted to help out with a business venture. We've gone back and forth for the last few months and, I have to say I'm excited. He owns a number of businesses, so I'll be overseeing multiple aspects of those. The big one though is powder-coating. We're putting together a new shop in Richland Hills. We're already offering hydro dipping and tint to go along with the auto accessories he was already offering.

This isn't meant as a thread to advertise. We're looking forward to becoming a paid advertiser next week, which I'll be moderating. I'll be happy to answer questions then.

I'll still be schlepping art until September 18th. Who knows what I'll handle between now and then.

I think you meant SVO and not william wallace

Comment

My mistake. I really hoped this wouldn't sound too SVO.

Comment

Where did you work? I did a lot of similar art things with a company called Delivery Limited.
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I worked for Displays Unltd.

Comment

Hit me up when the powder coating starts, I have a lot of engine parts I wanna get done for my build

Originally posted by DOHCTR
            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
              Hit me up when the powder coating starts, I have a lot of engine parts I wanna get done for my build
              Absolutely, man. DFWM is going to get the hookup.

Comment

Cool. I'm close to having a frame ready for coating..Let us know when the biz starts up, I'll get you to quote it..

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                  Cool. I'm close to having a frame ready for coating..Let us know when the biz starts up, I'll get you to quote it..
                  Will do, thanks.

Comment

X3 on the powder coating.

J/c are you going to do ceramic coat as well?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

So you were responsible for setting up exhibits for art/history museums?

Comment

Congrats! Moves are always scary!!!

Comment

Aaron gonna be doing suspension work?

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                            X3 on the powder coating.

J/c are you going to do ceramic coat as well?
                            We'll have to see just how hot we can get the oven. It's supposed to be rated for 500°, but reviews pin it closer to 450° which won't be enough for ceramic. It's something that we want to do though.
                            Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                            So you were responsible for setting up exhibits for art/history museums?
                            That's correct. Museums and private collections locally and nationally.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                              Aaron gonna be doing suspension work?
                              He's been doing that professionally for years now. Mostly lifts now, but he's already done a few '15s.

Comment

Working...
                              X