Mentally disabled Rowlett teen sexually assaulted in park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentally disabled Rowlett teen sexually assaulted in park

I'm sick to my stomach, this is on my street, and where I've taken my kids 1000 times to play. This little girl I'm pretty sure over the years we've bought Girl Scout cookies from and we've paid her to walk the dog around the block. Knew she was maybe a bit slow, but she was very sweet.

The description they had on the news was a little different than the description below highlighted.

ROWLETT (CBSDFW.COM) – A Rowlett mother says a GPS device helped her get to her daughter, after she was taken and attacked by a sexual predator. She’s sharing her story with the hope it can help other parents find their child in an emergency.
    The mother, who is not being identified so as to protect her daughter, says her 15 year old left home on Monday afternoon to go on a walk.
    Her daughter has Asperger Syndrome – an Autism spectrum disorder.
    “She wanders. I can’t keep her home sometimes. She’s wandered at night before,” said the mother.
    About a month ago, the family began using a device called Angel Sense to keep tabs on the teenager.
    The device uses GPS technology and attaches to clothing with a powerful magnet that only the parent can remove. The technology costs about $40 a month and includes a service that can pinpoint the wearer’s location down to a few feet. It will also send parents text messages with periodic updates on their child’s location.
    Monday afternoon, the mother says the device alerted her that her daughter was in a location outside of the neighborhood.
    When the mother activated a microphone on the device, she could hear her daughter struggling.
    “I heard the assault while it was happening. I knew exactly what was happening,” the mother said.
    She got in her car and drove to the location – Springfield Park. Her daughter was not there. The location then pinged to the intersection of Hickox and Rowlett Road – still nothing.
    Finally it took her down an alley near the family’s home – where the mother found her daughter frantically running.
    She thinks the suspect abandoned her daughter after he saw the device, out of fear he would be tracked.
    “I think this device saved her life, or from being gang raped, because it was going to go to that. That’s what [I heard the suspect say],” said the mom.
    Rowlett police are interviewing the victim in the hope of gaining enough of a description to draw up a sketch. He’s described as in his twenties, with a mustache and a large tattoo of a circle with points coming out of it, down the inside of his left arm.
    According to her description the assailant was wearing a white t-shirt, dark shorts, and Nike sandals.
    Police say the girl described his vehicle as white, smelling like cigarettes, with two car seats and a booster seat inside.

Lieutenant David Nabors says the GPS information saved to the mom’s cell phone gives detectives a leg up: for example they know the suspect took her to the parking lot in the park between 4:10 p.m. and 5 p.m. Monday afternoon.
    “It’s excellent because very rarely do you have that detailed of information when you’re looking at sexual assault. Sometimes when they’re in the car, victims are so scared they’re not able to tell you where they were. This GPS device can tell us down to feet,” Nabors said.
    “It gives us a timeline as to where she was, when she was there, how long she was there. It’s a rare opportunity,” Nabors said.
    The mother says she would recommend this device to any parent with a child who has special needs – or any parent whose child wanders in general.
    “Get it. It’s worth it. It can save your kid’s life,” she said.
    Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call Rowlett Police.

ROWLETT, Texas - Police are investigating the alleged rape of a mentally disabled teen in Rowlett.

The 15-year-old victim suffers from a form of autism called Asperger syndrome. She has trouble communicating so her family uses a GPS tracker to monitor her location.

Sponsored Links
    The best steakhouses in all 50 states
    MSN
    10 Fairytale Homes Real People Own
    Digital Trends
    Police said the girl left home for a walk Wednesday afternoon. Her mother became concerned when the GPS device, called Angel Sense, indicated she was in an unusual place.

The device has a microphone, so her mom turned on the volume and what she heard was awful – her daughter being sexually assaulted.

“I knew exactly what was happening,” the mom told FOX 4. “That can only be one thing.”

The mother said the attacker saw the device and asked the girl to take it off. The girl said only her mom can do that and that’s when the suspect stopped the attack

The man dropped the girl off at Rowlett Road and Hikok in an alley near her home.

The girl described her attacker as a white man with a t-shirt, Nike sandals, a moustache and a tattoo of a circle with points coming off of it. His drove a white car with two seats and a booster seat in the back.

The girl and her family are now working with police on a sketch.
    WRX

During an interview with the complainant by a forensic interviewer the victim described the suspect as a biracial male in his 20’s with a tattoo that ran down the inside of his arm to the elbow. She described the car as a white midsized car with grey or black interior with possible leather seats. Two car seats and a booster seat were in the back. She said that the car smelled of heavy cigarette smoke.

Suspect Description:

Biracial male in his 20’s with a tattoo that ran down the inside of his arm to the elbow ( tattoo of a circle with points coming off of it)

Vehicle Description:

White mid-sized car with a grey or black interior with possible leather seats. Two car seats and a booster seat were in the back. She said that the car smelled of heavy cigarette smoke.

Additionally we are following up on GPS data from the device.

Rowlett Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying this individual. You can call the Rowlett Police Department with information 24/7 at 972-412-6200 option #1 or email Lt. David W. Nabors at dnabors@rowlett.com.
    WRX

Comment

WTF is wrong with people. What makes this story even more disturbing is the 2 car seats and 1 booster seat in the car which means that the rapist has access to other outlets for his desires.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This whole area is being colonized by the scum of the earth. I've lived in the rowlette area for going on 7 years and I'm very happy to be moving the fuck out of here within the next month. Moving to a much much higher altitude where lowlifes seem not to be able to afford to live or even visit.

Gonna snowboard until I become disabled.
        sigpic

Comment

this makes me sick. I grew up in Rowlett, went to RHS, hell I went to Back Elementary in 1st and 2nd. It was really nice back then(outside of the Darlie Routier thing)

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
            WTF is wrong with people. What makes this story even more disturbing is the 2 car seats and 1 booster seat in the car which means that the rapist has access to other outlets for his desires.
            When he gets out of prison, he'll be a felon. Still want to give him a gun?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              When he gets out of prison, he'll be a felon. Still want to give him a gun?
              You have obviously never understood what my beliefs are. I believe that this type of criminal should never be let out of prison.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Your beliefs are that someone who has gone through the system and "paid their dues" deserves to have all of their rights restored, including gun ownership.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  Your beliefs are that someone who has gone through the system and "paid their dues" deserves to have all of their rights restored, including gun ownership.

Yes, exactly.

There are some people whose dues can never be paid and should never be let out of prison and you keep over looking that part of what I believe. This example is one of them if it turns out to have happened as it is being reported.

Comment

What a horrible situation.. Too bad the device doesn't have a camera too.

Comment

Yes, exactly.

There are some people whose dues can never be paid and should never be let out of prison and you keep over looking that part of what I believe. This example is one of them if it turns out to have happened as it is being reported.
                      Who gets to chose this "restored rights" you? I don't have the answers, but lock em up and throw away the key mentality does't seem to be working.

Comment

We should get back to public executions...hangings...etc for some crimes.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Yes, exactly.

Exactly what I have been saying for several years. If you cannot be trusted with a gun after your prison sentence, you should not be out of prison. Rehabilitated means 100%, not kind of OK but maybe not.

Hopefully they catch the jackass in the story. Kind of hope a large angry male family member or close friend finds him first.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            We should get back to public executions...hangings...etc for some crimes.
                            I would not be against that. Public lashings for smaller crimes would be great to keep from filling our jails up. Keep the prisons for the murderers, rapist and really bad guys. Minor offences need a quick punishment and be on their way to save money.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                              Who gets to chose this "restored rights" you? I don't have the answers, but lock em up and throw away the key mentality does't seem to be working.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...rceration_rate

We lead the world in people behind bars because we pass bullshit laws and not because we have more crime here. If we stuck to policing and prosecuting actual crimes instead of made up crimes we would be able to lock up real criminals and throw away the keys to their cells. We are getting a very poor return on the dollars spent on criminal justice in this country.

FYI: A right is something that does not come from government and can not be legislated away.

Comment

Working...
                              X