No announcement yet.

Need some help with the wife's car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how was the ac working if the car never started?

Comment

is it fully insured? do you smell anything burning?

Comment

Originally posted by broke again View Post
        how was the ac working if the car never started?
        The AC stopped working while I was driving it from the VA to home. It didn't refuse to crank until I got home and went to move it a few hours later.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
          Thinking about this, it might all be something as small as a bad ground connection. Just because of the progression of electrical issues and the on/off problems of other things, all just out of nowhere.
          Thats what the link is about that I posted above.

Comment

What is the update on this?

Comment

Fix or repair daily haha sell it get a chebby

Comment

All the chevy guys be hatin on ford and never even owned one lol
                WH

Comment

I won't hear anything for 2 weeks. They said it'd probably be 2 weeks but could be sooner so they wanted it in there just in case they got an opening. Paris Ford tends to treat me fairly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    All the chevy guys be hatin on ford and never even owned one lol
                    what? i'd say everyone here has owned at least 2 of the big 3.. remember, a lot of us are not still in our 20s. We have been around a minute, pup.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                      Thinking about this, it might all be something as small as a bad ground connection. Just because of the progression of electrical issues and the on/off problems of other things, all just out of nowhere.
                      +1 on this. I chased a similar issue with PATS in my Lightning for weeks and it was loose ground to the firewall.

Comment

I heard back from Ford today. In addition to the PATS in the steering column, there were a series of shorts and the PCM wasn't communicating. They're going to try to file it under warranty but it's looking like I should get out for under a grand in a worst case scenario and it should be done by Tuesday latest.

Comment

Okay the car is home and I thought I'd bring a close to this:

Things replaced:

PCM,
                          TCM,
                          PATS in the steering column
                          Random shorts
                          Door latches

How the hell could all of that fail at once?

Comment

There's a tsb or recall for checking bolts on ground cables in engine compartment. Wouldn't be surprised if that was all it was. Seems like a bunch of stuff to fail all together

Comment

yeah, if you lost a main ground the power is going to try and find another via any available avenue.

Comment

I checked the bolt issue under the hood and they were tight. I even took them off and sanded them and put them back in.

Still, Ford charged me $180 total to get it out the door. They had it a month but overall I'm pretty pleased.

Comment

Working...
                                X