No announcement yet.

Need some help with the wife's car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery is showing 12.9 volts, OBD 2 reader says "Unable to establish a link with the vehicle. Verify the connection at the DLC Veify that the ignition switch is on."

Key was on, battery is on a charger and this reader says it can't talk to the car.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Ignition switch malfunctioning internally?!

Comment

going back to the start of the problem, everything was fine and you removed what sounds like multiple fuse's and are now dead, recheck all the fuses to make sure you have them in the proper places and are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          Battery is showing 12.9 volts, OBD 2 reader says "Unable to establish a link with the vehicle. Verify the connection at the DLC Veify that the ignition switch is on."

Key was on, battery is on a charger and this reader says it can't talk to the car.
          1. Check the connections to the DLC.

2. You should have a 15A Data link connector fuse in the passenger compartment fuse box. Don't just eyeball it and say that it's good. Verify there is continuity across the terminals. Or outright replace it with one that is new out of the box. Then plug in the reader and try again.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
            1. Check the connections to the DLC.

2. You should have a 15A Data link connector fuse in the passenger compartment fuse box. Don't just eyeball it and say that it's good. Verify there is continuity across the terminals. Or outright replace it with one that is new out of the box. Then plug in the reader and try again.
            Ummmm, I'm sure that was English but I have no idea what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
              going back to the start of the problem, everything was fine and you removed what sounds like multiple fuse's and are now dead, recheck all the fuses to make sure you have them in the proper places and are good.
              I pulled one at a time and put them back. All fuses are good, even the glovebox ones

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                There is a problem with the Fiesta that involves the engine wire harness connection at the ecu being too short and causing the ecu to lose its connection.

Our 2013 Fiesta has had the check engine light on and off for this issue.

Have it towed to ford
                Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                It's a PATS failure. It's either the key(s), transceiver, or the bus link to the ECM. I bet if you plugged in a OBDII scan tool, you would get a P1260 trouble code. It won't trigger the check engine light. I had the same thing happen on both of my Fox4 Mustangs. I had Andy Moye disable PATS in my tune files as a work around. This may not be an option for you. To fix the actual problem is rather expensive.

Have it towed to the dealer.

Comment

In this video I show you just how simple this fix is for what is becoming a common issue on the Ford Focus.

Not for a fiesta but may give some insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                    You exceeded its weight limitations.
                    Damn dude
                    WH

Comment

Ford is sending a tow truck out

Comment

Comment

The tow truck driver couldn't get it out of park, even trying to disconnect the transmission linkage under the hood. He wound up spending an hour before it made it up on the truck. That said, it's gone and I should know something in a couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            You should make that into a sticker and go around putting it on people's cars.
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              The tow truck driver couldn't get it out of park, even trying to disconnect the transmission linkage under the hood. He wound up spending an hour before it made it up on the truck. That said, it's gone and I should know something in a couple of weeks
                              Your tow truck driver should have known to use the shift lock override to get it out of park. The access hole is under the steering column for column shifts and on top or side of console for console shifts. Depress the button with a flathead screwdriver and put it neutral.

Comment

He tried doing that and it wouldn't shift. He spent almost half an hour using different screw drivers and trying different angles without breaking anything and then tried under the hood. That wouldn't work either. That car was in place and refused to move at all.

He told me he's never seen a car like it. It refused to do anything at all. Wouldn't crank, wouldn't come out of park, wouldn't move at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X