Need some help with the wife's car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with the wife's car

The wife has a 2011 Ford Fiesta. I took it to the VA today and came home, no problem. I just hopped back in to move it and is flashing the anti-theft light and won't crank. Coming home, the AC stopped workings so when I got home, I pulled and looked at all of the fuses. All of them were great and when I put them back, AC started working, car won't start.

Anyone have any ideas? It's flashing the anti-theft light and every other light on the console is steady, no flashing codes.

Edit: The anti-theft flashed 1-6.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

If you have a spare key, try the spare.

Comment

Battery cables looking ok?

Comment

Cables look like new, I pulled them off and double checked them. I tried the spare key and nothing.

Comment

Is there a "valet" button on the dash? Usually a red button underneath the steering wheel.

Comment

Find the pats fuse in your manual and double check it.. I've heard of some pats reset methods but can't speak to which will work

Comment

No valet button and I can't find anything in the manual about the fuses. I went through them one by one and checked them but they looked okay though they weren't the blade fuses I'm used to.

Comment

Lock and unlock the car with the key. Works on vw's

Comment

I tried that as well. I tried with both keys, locking and unlocking it, then unlocking the door with the key itself instead of the remote, taking the terminals off and cleaning them and putting them back on tightly.

Still kind of impressed the AC decided to work again after all of this. It hasn't worked all day from the VA in Lancaster to the house but I pulled the fuses and put them back and it works like a charm.

Comment

Ask,SVO. I hear he is a good mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                      Ask,SVO. I hear he is a good mechanic
                      Well he was the lead engineer and sole designer on the fiesta platform since the 80s.

Comment

I'd just go buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                          I'd just go buy a new one.
                          Look, I have unicorn rug money, not cow. The wife likes this thing and I don't think I'd get much in trade in on a Fiesta that won't crank with 35k miles on it.

Comment

Pcm?

That is usually my first thought when multiple unrelated systems are doing strange things.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                              Have you tried hitting it?
                              Funny you say that. I went to go get a 2 1/2 pound sledge when the wife stopped me. We're down to the Edge and my truck. Technically this isn't a big problem but it's annoying.

Any ideas what Ford would charge to deal with this? I'm probably going to have to call AAA to tow it in since I can drive it on my trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X