No announcement yet.

Need some ideas for family day (today)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some ideas for family day (today)

We live in North Dallas and thinking of going to the Fort Worth Zoo. My son went to the Dallas Zoo a few months ago. I have 2 boys a 7 year old and a 1 year old. My 7 year old's last week before school starts. We really didn't do anything great for him this summer. He loves dinosaurs. I know when I was a kid there was a place called dinosaur valley sw of FTW. Don't really think that would be a great idea in this heat. Zoo is not much better.

So, would love to here some ideas or recommendations for our family day tomorrow.

Also, if there is any to die for restaurants in FTW we would love to try something new while we are out there.

Thanks so much for any, and all ideas and advice.

Budget I would say is $500.

Take him to the Perot museum. The top floor is full of dinosaur stuff.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Lego land and Sea Life aquarium in Grapevine Mills mall as well...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Take him to the Perot museum. The top floor is full of dinosaur stuff.
        /thread. Seriously!

Comment

Dallas World Aquarium and Perot museum. Also, for Ft Worth food I'd hit up Joe T Garcias
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I took my kids to Ripley's in GP last week, we did the believe it or not, wax, and mirror maze. It was fun. I think I spent at least 100.00 tho. The indoors thing sealed the deal.
            WRX

Comment

Went to the Dallas Aquarium last week and I thought it was nice as an adult. Kids will love it.

Comment

Wednesday is 1/2 price day at the FW Zoo, unless it's raining that place will be packed. The FW Museum of Science and History has a dinosaur dig site and several statues outside. They also have the have the omni IMAX theater with several movies playing every day.

There are tons of good restaurants within a few minutes drive of the museum district. Pretty much whatever kind of food you'd want. Or head to Sundance Square and the kids can play in the fountains afterward. The stockyards aren't too far away either.

Comment

Dinosaur valley in Glen Rose.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Keep your dollars in Dallas!!!

F Fort Worth!!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Keep your dollars in Dallas!!!

F Fort Worth!!
                      This but the opposite.

Comment

One of the bounce places or in door rock cimbing. Paintball. Sixflags. Float the river. Medival times. Food truck park. Speed zone. Prison tour. Mexican rodeo. Drive in.

Comment

Went to the ft worth zoo last week and its pretty well covered with trees and lot of mister's all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                          X