No announcement yet.

Had a new Ecoboost convertible mustang for 4 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've driven two, one was a basic EB and the second had the performance pkg with 3:55's, If I bought one it would have the PP for sure. The basic one felt very slow, you had to really dig into the pedal to feel the powa and only felt semi-strong on the highway. The PP you could tell had 300HP (or like CM sez, 275rwhp). I guess it would be OK but I wasn't very impressed, give me a 5.0 all day, err day...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      ftfy
      sigpic

Comment

<-V8 Ecoboost....

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
          My wife loves her PP EB 2015 mustang fully loaded. handles better then my shelby
          Same here, our wives have the exact same car I think....down to the color and all. She absolutely loves it.

If the car had been for me, it damned sure wouldn't have had an EB in it, but that's what she wanted and it makes sense for her....it's still fun to drive, and agree with you that it handles really well for what it is....but I do think that the ride can tend to be a little harsh at times.

I'm curious what she'll think when there is eventually a flat plane 5.2 sitting next to it in the garage!
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            I've driven two, one was a basic EB and the second had the performance pkg with 3:55's, If I bought one it would have the PP for sure. The basic one felt very slow, you had to really dig into the pedal to feel the powa and only felt semi-strong on the highway. The PP you could tell had 300HP (or like CM sez, 275rwhp). I guess it would be OK but I wasn't very impressed, give me a 5.0 all day, err day...
            Why does the basic EB feel slower, gearing? Is there a difference in the tuning or engine of nay kind?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              Why does the basic EB feel slower, gearing? Is there a difference in the tuning or engine of nay kind?
              3.31 vs 3.55 gears

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                3.31 vs 3.55 gears
                Uhhh wrong, they have 3.15's vs 3:55's*. To me I could tell the difference, also the premiums have a different suspension vs the standard EB (iirc). So with the stiffer suspension and higher gears, the EB premium felt different from the non-premium version. A few mods and I'm sure it would be cool, but man give me a 4v V-8 any day...

*In Automatics, not sure what gearing the standards have. Also the Autos are slighty lighter in EB version by 8 lbs than the standard tranny's...
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

If you drove it at the dealer, they all have 87 octane in them. It pulls about 30hp on a stock car with the low octane. With 93, a tune, and the drive mode in sport..it's a pretty damn quick car. High 12's

Comment

Uhhh wrong, they have 3.15's vs 3:55's*.

*In Automatics, not sure what gearing the standards have. Also the Autos are slighty lighter in EB version by 8 lbs than the standard tranny's...
                    3.31 as I stated. I was comparing a Base manual vs one with the Performance Pack. Forgot the OP stated this was a rental.

Auto comes with 3.15 and can be upgraded to 3.55
                    Manual comes with 3.31 and can be upgraded to 3.55

Comment

I wonder if I could rent one of these and send it back with a turbo 2.3 SOHC in it.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                        3.31 as I stated. I was comparing a Base manual vs one with the Performance Pack. Forgot the OP stated this was a rental.

Auto comes with 3.15 and can be upgraded to 3.55
                        Manual comes with 3.31 and can be upgraded to 3.55
                        Cool, he did state it was an Auto and I referenced that tranny only and those were the two that I drove on two seperate occasions. I have only built autos on Fords website, but I might just buy a loaded Fusion with the 2.0 EB since I already have a 5.0 and don't really need another Stang...or do I...

Comment

Cool, he did state it was an Auto and I referenced that tranny only and those were the two that I drove on two seperate occasions. I have only built autos on Fords website, but I might just buy a loaded Fusion with the 2.0 EB since I already have a 5.0 and don't really need another Stang...or do I...
                          Better stick with the Fusion, you probably couldn't handle the power of a V8.

Comment

We have a 2015 fusion also with the 2.0 ecoboost...really nice daily, but the stang kills it in mpg odd enough. Turbo on the fusion is so spool happy, it's hard to stay out of boost. 28 to 30 mpg in fusion, while I have pulled down 36 to 38 in stang on the highway.

Comment

I dig the shit out of my 2015 Fusion Titanium.

Comment

how much can you pick up with a tuner?

I picked up damn near 40whp with my speed3 accessport and CAI

Comment

Working...
                                X