Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gearjammer351 View Post
    1) Why not?
    2) SInce it's my question, perhaps you could read it before babbling. I was looking at an FRPP crate engine: a 500hp 363 built on a Boss 302 block. My alternative was a 302CI version of that engine with possible forced induction to be added later.

I don't have a huge budget for this project. While I know some of you ballers would laugh at anything with a 3-figure horsepower number, I don't have that luxury. I can't afford to build the fastest car on the road, so I'm working on improving the one I have. I can afford the 500hp crate engine, and I'm considering it. 500 hp is better than the wheezy 1970 vintage 302 I've got that probably makes 250hp on a good day.
    they dyno in the 120 range, stock.

The extra cubes will get you some down low torque, something that a supercharger or turbo wont.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I say 363 and boost it later if needed.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I prefer the Dart stuff. I don't recall the specific details, but when I studied up on this years ago, the Boss stuff required specific parts that maybe weren't compatible with other parts. I think it was the head gaskets, and maybe hardware, but I don't recall specifically. The Dart Big bore stuff is pretty sweet.

Comment

Working...
        X