No announcement yet.

Anyone here have a 363 Boss yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely stay away from the boss 302 block. The cylinders are too short vs a Dart SHP block. On long stroke motors the pistons come too far out of the bottom and can rock. Mahle makes a super short piston which Ford uses in the Boss crate engines to combat this but the piston is VERY short.

I have a 347 185afrs with a 76mm turbo. I want more power but i have a stock block what block should i use without changing alot.

Comment

Originally posted by lilvega View Post
      Definitely stay away from the boss 302 block. The cylinders are too short vs a Dart SHP block. On long stroke motors the pistons come too far out of the bottom and can rock. Mahle makes a super short piston which Ford uses in the Boss crate engines to combat this but the piston is VERY short.

http://www.theturboforums.com/thread...-vs-dart-block
      Ah, i thought they had long sleeves like the dart.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        Well you make a blanket statement of turboz are the best superchargers suck! I'm just playing your game. Semi-related, I know a little about cars, but more about bikes, but it's still internal combustion, ain't it? In the two wheel world, comparable power added setups, nitrous wins every damn time
        why use one power adder? nitrous is the best, but its short lived, especially in high power set ups.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          why use one power adder? nitrous is the best, but its short lived, especially in high power set ups.
          im right there with you man! i'm saving my pennies for a supercharger, turbo combo!

Comment

I havent laughed this much since I was a little girl.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Why are people still supercharging engines?
              Because I made almost 500hp for under $1200 including custom tune. No use in pushing a stock block much further to just spend more money.

Plus the whine of the blower is sex to my ears.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

No Procharger love up in here?

David

Comment

Triple tornado air intakes in series is really the best setup. It triples your horsepower and who doesn't love the sound of tornado sirens?

Comment

but they're gonna get hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                      but they're gonna get hot!
                      You cool the hot air caused by the tornado through a hurricane intercooler.

Comment

I just taped the top of two 2liter bottles together and cut the bottoms off. Best intake ever, I can do wheelies on any surface now!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          I just taped the top of two 2liter bottles together and cut the bottoms off. Best intake ever, I can do wheelies on any surface now!
                          What about on water?
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

or a treadmill

Comment

Of course!

Comment

And why build a 500hp boss block? Lol
                                1) Why not?
                                2) SInce it's my question, perhaps you could read it before babbling. I was looking at an FRPP crate engine: a 500hp 363 built on a Boss 302 block. My alternative was a 302CI version of that engine with possible forced induction to be added later.

I don't have a huge budget for this project. While I know some of you ballers would laugh at anything with a 3-figure horsepower number, I don't have that luxury. I can't afford to build the fastest car on the road, so I'm working on improving the one I have. I can afford the 500hp crate engine, and I'm considering it. 500 hp is better than the wheezy 1970 vintage 302 I've got that probably makes 250hp on a good day.
                                You live and learn or you don’t live long.

Comment

Working...
                                X