No announcement yet.

Hello from Lubbock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats every weekend in lbk when schools in.

Comment

I may have to look at moving if that is the case. Not a fan of lack of trees but the scenery is nice.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I lived in Lubbock for 5 years and loved it, but then again, I was 18 and single.

Comment

Sounds strange but the Lubbock mall is one of my favorite places to go. People from west texas come and buy a lot of stuff and they have a lot of good clothing shoes and knifes there.

I was in Lubbock for 3 years in tech with no complaints, there was a bar called the copper caboose that had free poker every Thursday night, use to go there drink pitchers and get wasted trying to win $100

Comment

If you love gourmet food or otherwise excellent cuisine, you'll need cookbooks, cooking utensils and a source for quality proteins, greens, and the rest of what goes in to whatever you're cooking.

Lubbock is home to mediocre food but excellent drink specials if you're in to swill.

There might be money in Lubbock, but no taste buds, apparently.

Tech campus is pretty, I'll give it that.
            Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Lubbock nowadays is 100x better than when i was there.

Food by campus is better. 19th and University is an actual great bar area, and they also have the warehouse/gaslight district as another area of town thats nice to enjoy a few drinks.

It used to have all the big bars and clubs on the edge of town, but i think they repealed some blue laws.

Comment

When I went to school there, it was dry. You had to drive outside the city limits to buy alcohol. It was called the strip. Beer barns and liquor stores lined up in a row.

Comment

Now that its wet the only liquor store left on the strip is Pinkies. All the others are slowly being converted into different businesses. I think there is a tire store and a used car dealer in 2 of them. There's a Specs at Slide and the loop now.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                    Agreed, but it still sucks, aside from the scenery.

Comment

Forever Frost, I actually live in Lubbock. I haven't lived in the area for long so I can't exactly tell you where all the neat places are. I can however, tell you where some good bars are haha

Comment

There have been many a times where I ran up to LBK for work and never made it home after a stop at Chimys for a half and half.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post

Food by campus is better. 19th and University is an actual great bar area, and they also have the warehouse/gaslight district as another area of town thats nice to enjoy a few drinks.

It used to have all the big bars and clubs on the edge of town, but i think they repealed some blue laws.
                          You are talking about the Depot District, it's a pretty chill place to go have a few drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by G14CLASSIFIED View Post
                            You are talking about the Depot District, it's a pretty chill place to go have a few drinks.
                            Whoops! Depot District, the bar there is the Gas Light. Mixed them up.

Comment

Working...
                            X