What's it worth? 91 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth? 91 5.0

A friend is thinking of selling his car. I'm thinking of buying it off of him but wanted your opinion as to what it's worth. I'm cutting and pasting the email below.

"1991 1st owner was a old fat black lady. She had it until 130Kish before I bought off her.
    All receipts kept FROM day 1 to now! Serviced at Ford until 70kish. Very well documented until this day. Only thing missing is window sticker. Still have copy of original title and the selling brochure from the dealership.

Everything works. Original radio just changed out last month. Still have it.

Most parts are Fordmoco, Motor craft, or Ford Racing.

Royal purple oil throughout car.

A lot of extra Ford parts some new. IE like the front lights. In box

New weatherstripping. In box

Cobra disc larger front pads and rotor , Cobra rear disc, cobra booster, and master cylinder, new rubber brake lines. Old brake parts still kept.

Cobra rack and pinion (quicker turn radio than normal GT) 10K ago.

3:55 gears. overall good street and highway

Bfgoodrich tires 95% tread left.

All trim pieces, deck cargo pullout shade , headliner center flexible reading light, owners manual etc

Aftermarket parts are headers, kn drop in filter, Mallory spark plug wires, and coil. About 25-30K ago.
    ALL suspension/steering parts under warranty through Auto zone.
    Changed 20K ago.

OEM catalytic converters has 25K on it.

Ford fuel pump installed by Ford.

High output distributor about 20K ago.
    New OEM Floor mats.

Drive shaft professionally balanced and Dana spider ujoints (heavy duty) about 15K ago.

No leaks engine still looks new from rebuild 25-30K ago.

Rear end rebuild 25-30K ago

Flowmasters 20K ago.

New 4 Ford center hub caps in box.

No rust no bondo.

Serviced at Ford 2K ago.

AC recharged 15K ago.

Overall including engine bay and under carriage very clean car.

Starts on the first time every time even if parked for a year and still having the battery connected.

Runs super cleAn. Emissions are cleaner then hybrids. No lie!
    Always use 91octane

Engine rebuild used all OEM parts like gaskets, rod bearings, rings etc. 25-30K ago.

I know I have more parts just don't remember.

The bad
    Can't lock the doors (door actuators bad) but have new in box ready to go in

Dent and scuff marks only a few scratches and dings

Odometer reads 4-10mph faster due to gears from the original 3:23.

Power steering pump squeals but is under warranty.

Passenger door outer handle needs changed but you can still open it from outside. new ones in box waiting.

Driver side seat has a 5 inch tear that's all. Power bucket seat air pumps still work (lumber support and tightness )

Oxford white paint faded with black metal window trim housing."
    Attached Files

$4k
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

So it was adult driven, cuz that'll increase the value fo sho'!

Comment

Comment

That 1/4 panel is going to be expensive to fix, it really needs to be replace to the tune of about $1500.00-2500.00 that includes new sheet metal and cutting (plasma) and replacing the new one. Of course it could be tap drilled and pulled on a frame machine so little to no bOndo is used, but even then it could be close to a $1k to fix. I'm sure you can take it to a vato in Oak Cliff and have it beat out/in and a gallon of bOndo applied and I'm sure 15 coats of lacquer primer and some single stage OW painted on it for about three fiddy.

You really can't put a price on the stuff he replaced, on a car that old it probablyneeded all that replaced anyway, sans the gears and drive shaft. It also looks like the front cover has been replaced and/or repainted, they don't peel like that from the factory, I could be wrong since its hard to tell from the pictures. I'd offer him $2500.00ish, only because of the repair on the 1/4 panel, good luck Memo...'H'
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            That 1/4 panel is going to be expensive to fix, it really needs to be replace to the tune of about $1500.00-2500.00 that includes new sheet metal and cutting (plasma) and replacing the new one. Of course it could be tap drilled and pulled on a frame machine so little to no bOndo is used, but even then it could be close to a $1k to fix. I'm sure you can take it to a vato in Oak Cliff and have it beat out/in and a gallon of bOndo applied and I'm sure 15 coats of lacquer primer and some single stage OW painted on it for about three fiddy.

You really can't put a price on the stuff he replaced, on a car that old it probablyneeded all that replaced anyway, sans the gears and drive shaft. It also looks like the front cover has been replaced and/or repainted, they don't peel like that from the factory, I could be wrong since its hard to tell from the pictures. I'd offer him $2500.00ish, only because of the repair on the 1/4 panel, good luck Memo...'H'
            pull post and a stud welder?
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              That got you aroused too huh?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Henry gets to talking dirty, one thing leads to another...
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

He could probably get more without that "1st owner was a old fat black lady" comment.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

That was the vato for tree fiddy fix, I just didn't want to get into specifics.

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    Henry gets to talking dirty, one thing leads to another...

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    He could probably get more without that "1st owner was a old fat black lady" comment.
                    Ha!
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

you crazy on that dent.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                        you crazy on that dent.
                        Ponies and more agrees!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                          Ponies and more agrees!
                          Nigger please

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

I just got him down to $4k. I think I'm gonna get it off him. A new paint job, driver seat and call it a day...

Comment

Working...
                              X