StayCation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StayCation

Next month will be taking a week off from wonderful work. We decided to just stay home for a week and we are stuck on activities to do around here. Any sight to see in or outside DFW? Wanted to go to the Revolver brewery but only open on Saturdays.

or just tell me to go out of town.

Cheyenne, Wy. Antelope are bootyful.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      Head out to the Hill Country and get a Bed 'n Breakfast near a winery, then take a tour. I'd like to stay somewhere overlooking Lake Travis, maybe like Bee Cave area.
      But Lincolnboy need stay home. Not go out of town.

Hit up six flags, the dallas world aquarium, the Fair(depends what week you are off), go to the gun range, smoke a brisket, catch a Rangers game, go to the Ross perot museum, etc.

FISH!

Comment

Head out to the Hill Country and get a Bed 'n Breakfast near a winery, then take a tour. I'd like to stay somewhere overlooking Lake Travis, maybe like Bee Cave area.
        Fredericksburg is nice for that. And they have the $20 wine shuttle.

Comment

Dallas Aquarium
          6th Floor Museum

Comment

Large sonic cup full of booze and ride the Dart and people watch.

Comment

ESL Classes??

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                ESL Classes??

god bless.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  ESL Classes??

god bless.

Every time I read a lincolnboy post I've started picturing Encino Man in my head.

Comment

Head out to the Hill Country and get a Bed 'n Breakfast near a winery, then take a tour. .
                    You'll want to do more than one tour/tasting. Buy a shuttle pass and hit as many as possible. Beware, some of the wineries suck ass. Most are pretty good though.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Hilmy Cellars and William Chris were my two favorites when I was down there for memorial day. Hilmy was the last one I went to so I had a pretty good buzz going and ended up buying a case of wine from them.

Comment

lincolnboy isnt classy enough for a wine tour, he was asking not long ago what bar to go to for a bluemoon. lmao

Comment

Panther Island Brewing does tours on Friday and Sunday. If you like Blue Moon you'll probably love their Allergeez or Real Good. Or if you grow a pair their IPFnA is really good and over 10% abv.

Revolver is pretty cool but there isn't much to do afterward. They make great beer obviously but you still have to drive back to town. With PIB you are minutes away from the stockyards and across the river from downtown. You also have Martin House, Rahr, Chimera and Collective Brewing all within a few minutes of each other.

If you plan ahead a little Firestone Roberston does tours but you need to book it in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            Hilmy Cellars and William Chris were my two favorites when I was down there for memorial day.
                            We went to William Chris a couple of months ago. Nice place, but I'm not a wine drinker at all. I enjoyed the Garrison Bros. whiskey distillery much more. It's much smaller, so you really get chatty with the other customers, especially after a few samples. It's about a mile from William Chris.

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            Or if you grow a pair their IPFnA is really good and over 10% abv.
                            Hmm.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Good thing I dont like really hop-y beer.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X