Employer Health Insurance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer Health Insurance...

Do they all suck ass? We're in open enrollment right now. Last year, I did not add the wife due to costs. It was cheaper to just pay the tax.

This year, to add employee and family it's going to cost me $1131.00. It's $515 just for me and the kids. AND....that's for some worthless plan with a $5k family deductible and no co-pay. WTF!?!?!

My question for the masses, how is your employer insurance plan? Is it similar? This may be the final straw working for this non-profit school. Is the "corporate" sector any better?

They're all getting shittier - thanks obama.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I provide my own and its $2400 for just me, sounds like you got a sweet deal going at $1646 for a whole family.

Comment

About $400 from my wife's work for the family.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          They're all getting shittier - thanks obama.
          There is this.

Most people don't realize what plans they are looking at, and how many plans are offered. There is no one company that is better than another in my opinion. The plans are generally the same, or at least very similar between companies. Many don't realize the difference between an HMO, PPO, etc.

My employer pays 50% of my premiums. I'm responsible for the rest, and I am 100% responsible for children and spouse. I decline coverage every year. My kids are insured through my ex wife's employer. The plan is better and it costs me less.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

My employers "best" plan is $307.50 every pay period (two weeks) for a family, $186.17 for myself and children, $218.58 for myself and spouse, $78.69 for just me.

$30 copay, $500 deductible for me, $1500 family.

We are a fortune 500 company with 12k or so employees and around $5 billion a year in revenue.

Personally though I'm on Tricare thanks to my wife's job. $278 a year with zero deductible.

Comment

I forgot to mention, those premiums are monthly for me.

Comment

Mine isn't terrible since it's just me on it. But I imagine this will be the last year anything other than an HDHP w/HSA will be available. Everything else is being phased out.

Comment

My employer is simply awesome. It's getting harder and harder each year though thanks to the changes in the laws. It's our largest expense as an engineering firm by far and of course the amount the employer has to put into the social security fund for each employee which is a huge scam since I will likely see zero out of it.

Comment

$5k deductible for family doesn't sound too bad. The monthly premium is extremely high though.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I pay like 15 bucks a month for dental and vision. My employer covers 100% health insurance and everything else. I feel pretty lucky to have pretty good health care here, though thats about it for benefits.
                      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        I forgot to mention, those premiums are monthly for me.
                        Jesus, that's high. Fwiw we're on my wife's, I think it's about $500 a month for the whole family. Not sure what the deductible is but I think it's $2,500. It was way better than the offerings through my work.
                        Last edited by slow99; 08-11-2015, 11:11 AM.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I no longer have coverage... BCBSofTX policy expired 12/31/14 with little explanation, just that it would not be renewed.

Joined Christian Care Ministries Medi-Share program this month as a back-up plan.

Obama and his minions have successfully weaponized the IRS against us... the insurance companies are complicit as well.

We're screwed.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            Do they all suck ass? We're in open enrollment right now. Last year, I did not add the wife due to costs. It was cheaper to just pay the tax.

This year, to add employee and family it's going to cost me $1131.00. It's $515 just for me and the kids. AND....that's for some worthless plan with a $5k family deductible and no co-pay. WTF!?!?!

My question for the masses, how is your employer insurance plan? Is it similar? This may be the final straw working for this non-profit school. Is the "corporate" sector any better?
                            All insurance cost the Employers about the same amount. What makes the difference in the cost to the Employees, is HOW MUCH they contribute to the premiums.

I have the lowest cost to me from my employer that I have ever had. This is because they pay 90% of the premiums for ALL.
                            sigpic
                            "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                            through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                            We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                            my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

I work as a "contractor" even though I've been with my company the 6 years I've been here. The plans available would barely pay out more than the premiums if I needed it.

My current plan is use the VA if I ever get sick, and pray I don't get hit by a bus or anything else that would require and ambulance ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X