2008 Ford F250 Diesel 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Ford F250 Diesel 4x4

Looking for some feedback on a 2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.4 Turbo Diesel with 118K miles. It's all stock and pretty clean. It's a Repo at a local credit union and i'm thinking of bidding on it. Asking price is $23,000 which I feel is a little high. I'd like to offer somewhere in the ball park of $18,000. I don't know much about diesel trucks so any advice, help and info would be great. Thanks...

Talk to cooter

Comment

6.4's can be the best vehicle you've ever owned, or they can eat your fucking lunch...

I've put motors in two of them (bought them with bad motors)

a Ford reman short block, two Ford reman heads, OEM gaskets/parts and associated labor comes in around $12-12.5k at my buddy's shop

you don't want to half ass a 6.4 job. you can do it cheaper than Ford, but to do it right, it'll take way too much fucking time... with Ford stuff, you can have the truck back on the road in under a week.

So that's the worst case scenario!

The two I've owned that I bought as good running trucks were/are awesome trucks. I regret selling one of them. I've still got one of them.
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        6.4's can be the best vehicle you've ever owned, or they can eat your fucking lunch...

I've put motors in two of them (bought them with bad motors)

a Ford reman short block, two Ford reman heads, OEM gaskets/parts and associated labor comes in around $12-12.5k at my buddy's shop

you don't want to half ass a 6.4 job. you can do it cheaper than Ford, but to do it right, it'll take way too much fucking time... with Ford stuff, you can have the truck back on the road in under a week.

So that's the worst case scenario!

The two I've owned that I bought as good running trucks were/are awesome trucks. I regret selling one of them. I've still got one of them.
        Thanks Cooter! Plan on taking a look at it later today. What are some of the things I should pay special attention to?

Comment

man, check the engine hours, see if you can get somebody to run you an Oasis report. check for excessive blowby. check for soot in the tailpipe.

run a CARFAX! Autocheck isn't thorough

Comment

And pm GE so he can run the VIN.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

man, check the engine hours, see if you can get somebody to run you an Oasis report. check for excessive blowby. check for soot in the tailpipe.

run a CARFAX! Autocheck isn't thorough
              Gotcha... What do you think it is worth if everything checks out good? I don't need it but could use it if I got a decent deal on it.

Comment

I'd be tempted at $18k if it was a nice truck. I love these fucking things

Comment

I'd be tempted at $18k if it was a nice truck. I love these fucking things
                  Thanks man for the help!

Comment

Working...
                  X