• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You bought an 01 bug to flip?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      I take it you haven't had the pleasure of watching them roll down a hill.

Comment

lol!!!
        Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        I take it you haven't had the pleasure of watching them roll down a hill.
        and lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          and it smells like crayons inside.
          That damned glue...I think it must be made from melted crayons, that's also why it doesn't stick to anything.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Truth.

Don't forget that they come off the transport in the pre-pdi plastic with the CEL and SRS lights on.
          I've flipped several VW's, and just about every beetle has needed the SRS harness repaired under the passenger seat...you would think someone would have figured out that just an extra inch or 2 of wire would have saved them millions in warranty repairs.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          We actually have a couple members that were VW techs for quite some time.
          I haven't seen or spoken to Bsharer in years, and I figured I'd call John as a last resort. Don't want to bother him with BS, since he's focusing on the new shop now.

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          German electrical is shit
          That's the truth....Even in the old simple bugs.

Actually a pretty decent one, and it was very cheap b/c of what some relative who is a "master certified tech" told the PO. I've put $156 and about 4-hours labor in it, and it's all fixed. That 4-hours labor is guaranteed to make me about $2K, maybe a little more...so yeah, I'll take $500/hr every opportunity I get. I've done several and made out well on all of them. I have no idea why, but every one of these that I've sold went really fast...there seems to be a pretty big following out there for VW's.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            I haven't seen or spoken to Bsharer in years, and I figured I'd call John as a last resort. Don't want to bother him with BS, since he's focusing on the new shop now.
            TheHead worked at VW for a long time too, but as Bcoop pointed out, he hasn't posted in quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              TheHead worked at VW for a long time too, but as Bcoop pointed out, he hasn't posted in quite some time.
              Oh yeah, I totally forgot about ole meaty finger!
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                LMAO, I forgot about that. So true. Is it the plastic, or the glue or ??
                It's the insulation/foam on the back of the carpet.
                I worked at VW for about a year back in 2006. I still have some contatcs up there if anyone ends up needing something.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                  It's the insulation/foam on the back of the carpet.
                  I worked at VW for about a year back in 2006. I still have some contatcs up there if anyone ends up needing something.
                  This!

Otherwise known as jute.

Comment

kune do

Comment

Working...
                    X