VW Radio in Safe Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Radio in Safe Mode

This should probably be in the tech section, but I figured I'd put it over here for more traffic. Besides, it's a damned VW question on a Mustang site anyway!

I'm working on my latest flip, 01' VW Beetle - disconnected the battery doing a water pump and timing belt, and the radio is now in safe mode after I powered it back up. Of course the radio ID card is missing from the owners manual. From reading online it appears that I've got to pull the radio to get it's serial number and take that with the VIN to a dealer to get the unlock code - any of you guys know of an easier route?
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Swap it out for a $50 Sony from Walmart...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Some of them will have it on a tag in the spare tire area.

Comment

Ok, this makes no damned sense. I had to disconnect the battery again to fix a small issue in the fuse box...once I repowered it, the radio is working now without asking for a code. Friggin crazy.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
          Ok, this makes no damned sense. I had to disconnect the battery again to fix a small issue in the fuse box...once I repowered it, the radio is working now without asking for a code. Friggin crazy.
          It's a friggin VW. Electrical gremlins, especially with the radio are par for the course.

Comment

and it smells like crayons inside.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by baron von crowder View Post
              motherfucking this

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                LMAO, I forgot about that. So true. Is it the plastic, or the glue or ??

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  LMAO, I forgot about that. So true. Is it the plastic, or the glue or ??

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Truth.

Don't forget that they come off the transport in the pre-pdi plastic with the CEL and SRS lights on.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                      This should probably be in the tech section, but I figured I'd put it over here for more traffic. Besides, it's a damned VW question on a Mustang site anyway!

I'm working on my latest flip, 01' VW Beetle - disconnected the battery doing a water pump and timing belt, and the radio is now in safe mode after I powered it back up. Of course the radio ID card is missing from the owners manual. From reading online it appears that I've got to pull the radio to get it's serial number and take that with the VIN to a dealer to get the unlock code - any of you guys know of an easier route?
                      We actually have a couple members that were VW techs for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        We actually have a couple members that were VW techs for quite some time.
                        Neither of them have been on here in quite some time.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Neither of them have been on here in quite some time.
                          Oh, maybe not. I honestly had not noticed. This and FB tend to blur for me. I even forget that Leah rarely gets on anymore.

Comment

I know on bmw's anytime you disconnect the battery or replace it, it has to be coded back to the car

Comment

German electrical is shit

Comment

Working...
                              X