Building materials from home depot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building materials from home depot?

I need to wire up my shop, 10 outlets, 8 lights, 2 welding outlets, conduit for all, etc. How does home depots pricing on this stuff compare to an actual electric supply house? I know for metal (angle, tube, etc) HD is extremely high on pricing so I'm wondering how high electric and lumber is compared to the supply companies.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

For me when I went to my local supply house it was no benifit price wise and maybe more in some cases as I wasn't a contractor. Now they do have things that Home Depot may not and that could be of value.

Comment

This ad is a little old now, but look for some deals like this too - http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/for/5057095118.html

I always see people with crap like this on CL, and you can usually make a deal for cents on the dollar. I bought a bunch of lights, rolls of wire, and conduit from a guy for literally about a 10th of what retail would have been.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Dads an electrical contractor and Home Depot is about the same on stuff they carry. Romex is actually cheaper a lot of times. When we wired my house I bought it all at Home Depot or Lowes.
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Mach1 - are you going to use Romex, or planning to pull individual wires?
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Home Depot is cheaper than Lowes on most stuff. As for the supply houses like Crawford, Dealers, etc....Home Depot has considerably better prices on the typical use stuff...but only carries basic items that most homeowners are likely to need. Crawford and Dealers will sell to anyone at the counter...you might pay more...but they deal more in commercial work and large contracts like cities, governments...so yes...they charge more. Unless you're trying to run heavy duty industrial 3 phase equipment in your garage...Home Depot will carry just about anything you would need to wire up your garage.

Comment

Other than wire...HD/Lowes is hard to beat.

I found Elliot Electric was way cheaper on 300' of 6/2 direct burial than HD/Lowes.
              Electrical Supplies Distributor. Elliott Electric Supply is your local electric supply house. We Deliver Lower Cost, Quality Products, and Personal Service

Comment

Lowes is usually cheaper if you take the coupons into account, sign up on the website to get 10 off 50 coupon.

Use gmail and do the gmail trick to get multiple ones sent to the same email address.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                  Lowes is usually cheaper if you take the coupons into account, sign up on the website to get 10 off 50 coupon.

Use gmail and do the gmail trick to get multiple ones sent to the same email address.
                  dont even need to do that...

just click one of the boxes for a coupon... if the lowes website says its used, just click it again for another. Make multiple transactions for the best deals

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    dont even need to do that...

just click one of the boxes for a coupon... if the lowes website says its used, just click it again for another. Make multiple transactions for the best deals
                    Thanks, saved me $160
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Typically HD is just as cheap or cheaper than an Electrical Supply house. Sometimes on items I don't have a purchase agreement on, HD will be cheaper than I can get it as a contractor from the supply house.

Comment

Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          Thanks, saved me $160
                          awesome... Glad you could save some money

Comment

Working...
                          X