Camping questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping questions

I'm looking to rent a small cabin this saturday for my bday. Would like for it to be of course water front with grill and power. Anyone have recommendations? I called Hidden Cove but they said they are not renting any cabins this year...wtf...so with that said still looking for somewhere to be able to spend night and cookout by the lake. Want to stay in north texas area. Thanks dfw's
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Probably a little late to be booking a cabin for this weekend. Good luck.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Might start searching different lakes on VRBO.com

Comment

I think the hidden cove cabins flooded. Check out lake texoma or lake murray if 1.5 to 2 hours aint too bad.

Comment

Just got back from Broken Bow Oklahoma and stayed in a cabin, nothing water front but very nice.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Wimberley or New Branfels on the river would be cool- should be able to find some rentals

Comment

A lot of the cabins that would be right on the water in Wimberley probably aren't there any more.

Comment

Ya it's a little late to be planning for renting a cabin for the weekend, especially for one close to the city.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                  Wimberley or New Branfels on the river would be cool- should be able to find some rentals
                  By finding rentals...do you mean the remnants of former rentals?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    By finding rentals...do you mean the remnants of former tenants?
                    That's how I read that for a split second, and i was like "wtf"
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                      A lot of the cabins that would be right on the water in Wimberley probably aren't there any more.
                      Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      By finding rentals...do you mean the remnants of former rentals?

Its not as bad as the news portrayed. Yes several homes did get wiped out but there are still plenty that did not- was down there a few weeks back.

On a positive note river is flowing well.

Comment

That's good to hear it is a cool area, I was there the day after the flood and Wimberley looked pretty bad where you cross the Blanco, all the trees were flattened etc.

Comment

As many have said, availability will be the biggest issue.

I've stayed at Lloyd Park off Joe Pool several times and always enjoyed it. Quiet place. Worth a shot to see whats available. 972-237-4120
                          Office closes at 4:30PM

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                            Joe Pool is closed until at least last week of August.
                            All of Joe Pool or just Lloyd Park? I saw the pictures of Lloyd Park getting flooded and it was going to be a while before it opened (heard it was going to be most if not all of the summer).

Comment

Yeah you all are right...having a hard time finding a place. Looks like I might just have to go to the lake (which everone is open) and just drive back home at night time.
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X