Question about (alcohol) open container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck_Finley View Post
    This is a timely thread. I figured I'd ask the board for recommendations on not only a good DWI lawyer, I want the name(s) of some of the absolute best available. I don't need a lawyer now nor (hopefully) do I plan to ever be in that position, but recently my employer has been cracking down on certain levels of misdemeanors on people's criminal history which includes DWIs to the point 2 guys were recently fired for something they found that dates back a couple years.
    Is this because they did not disclose it when applying??

I had good luck with Abe factor. My buddy had bad luck with Mimi Coffey. Depends on the situation.
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      He's talking about knowing a good DWI attorney so that he's never convicted of one in the first place.
      If I were worried about losing my job, I'd think it more effective to not drink and drive, than to keep a DWI lawyer's number in my back pocket.

Comment

just floor it and run from those haters..

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
          just floor it and run from those haters..
          yolo!!
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            If I were worried about losing my job, I'd think it more effective to not drink and drive, than to keep a DWI lawyer's number in my back pocket.
            No shit..unless you are drinking and driving multiple times a day, uber is way cheaper than a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_Finley View Post
              This is a timely thread. I figured I'd ask the board for recommendations on not only a good DWI lawyer, I want the name(s) of some of the absolute best available. I don't need a lawyer now nor (hopefully) do I plan to ever be in that position, but recently my employer has been cracking down on certain levels of misdemeanors on people's criminal history which includes DWIs to the point 2 guys were recently fired for something they found that dates back a couple years.
              DWI Defense Attorney David Burrows represents clients in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area and North Texas.

When my wife was doing her internship at the Dallas county public defenders office, she said that the court was always packed when Burrows was trying a case, because all of the public defenders, and even some from the prosecutors office would come in, just to watch. We've referred several people over the years, and he always took care of them....the guy is very good at what he does.....but as you might expect, not cheap either.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                I'm mindful of this all the time, and I have no idea the details on how/why those guys got fired. I didn't see their applications so I have no idea if they disclosed it or not, but the employer I mentioned will periodically run new background checks now.

So with that said while I'm not out trying to get drunk all the time, I do know that all it takes is just one slip-up or even a cop having a bad day that flush all my career work down the shitter, thus why I want the names of the best attorneys. I at least am going to take their dismissal as an opportunity to better prepare myself in case shit goes downhill in the future.

This is one area where Google search is completely useless.
                Last edited by Chuck_Finley; 08-04-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X