Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving from DFW to ALbuquerque..need ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from DFW to ALbuquerque..need ideas?

Company says they will pay for the move and are putting me into an extended stay for 3 weeks until I find something permanent. I have a full house of furniture for 2 bedrooms, office, couches, garage full of tools and shelves, bbq grille....this isn't something a 16 foot PODS shipping container will handle. Not to mention they are expensive as F**K!!! I'll put the Buick on a trailer and pull it behind my truck, and toss the motorcycle in the bed...but I need a LARGE truck to do this move. Suggestions? Company says I can store a trailer/container inside their guarded facility until I find a place to move it once I get to Albuquerque. I will need to start loading whatever I get in the next few days. This is a big move and I don't know where to begin.

Glad you landed something that sounds pretty serious. What's the gig?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      Glad you landed something that sounds pretty serious. What's the gig?
      Getting back into railroad work after a 5yr hiatus. 14 yrs as a signal maintainer/technician on 2 different systems. Starting pay is 60k plus moving costs. Its a commuter/amtrak system in Albuquerque but the parent company is BNSF.

Comment

Nice dude. You just have the cbr now right? You'll need to get another enduro/dirt bike, I imagine theres some real good riding out that way

Comment

Save all receipts and write that shit off.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

one idea is to get your medical marijuana card so that you can put up with all the slow ass drivers
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I used Joyce moving when I came back from NH. Worked out pretty well and nothing really got broke. They came to my old house, packed everything up, brought it here, and unpacked it. It really was a great experience...best move I've had. I don't remember how much it was (I didn't pay for it), but I can dig up the paperwork. We did a pod on the way up and it was like $7k but we had to pack and unpack.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                one idea is to get your medical marijuana card so that you can put up with all the slow ass drivers
                That only makes it worse! Not only am I agitated, now I'm blown as fuck and agitated LOL! If I didn't drive a stick then ya maybe

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  Nice dude. You just have the cbr now right? You'll need to get another enduro/dirt bike, I imagine theres some real good riding out that way
                  Yeah I sold the DRZ to a guy in Ovilla about 3 weeks ago after I rebuilt the carb. Hated to see it go but I havent ridden it enough to justify it sitting there..and I want a fuel injected 450 next time. I'm already looking at the maps of the area to see where I can ride off road...lots of stuff up there to do.

Comment

Originally posted by josh9167 View Post
                    I used Joyce moving when I came back from NH. Worked out pretty well and nothing really got broke. They came to my old house, packed everything up, brought it here, and unpacked it. It really was a great experience...best move I've had. I don't remember how much it was (I didn't pay for it), but I can dig up the paperwork. We did a pod on the way up and it was like $7k but we had to pack and unpack.
                    Problem with that idea is that I currently don't have a place in ABQ to take the stuff.

Comment

that's the only way I can put up with slow folk... is to just slow myself down LOL
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        Problem with that idea is that I currently don't have a place in ABQ to take the stuff.
                        They stored the stuff for up to a month if needed.

Comment

There's a Whataburger in Albuquerque now.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                            There's a Whataburger in Albuquerque now.
                            Yes there is. And a Texas Roadhouse. And snowskiing. There is however...no Northern Tool

Comment

1800packrat has much bigger containers I used them to move from LA to Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                              X