Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to bypass a chipped key in a 2000 Buick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old 3.4, 3.8 were great engines. Last as long as basically any other car from that time.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      I disagree. They don't start getting issues until 200+K miles.
      Exactly. Those Buick V6s were dead reliable. My parents had a 1995ish olds with the 3800 with 160k on it. It was intended to be just a first car for my younger brother but it stayed in the family till 2010ish as an extra car. It always ran well with minimum issues. The car was hideous but it was clean and reliable. About all you can ask for in a cheap commuter
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Yeah, this one only has 70k. It was a grandma's car. Excellent condition. Anything is a step up from the POS Saturn he had.

Comment

I hate those cars, but they're fucking good cars LOL

you halfway maintain a 3.8 bruick, and it'll go 250k+ no problem
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            I hate those cars, but they're fucking good cars LOL

you halfway maintain a 3.8 bruick, and it'll go 250k+ no problem
            Yeah, these cars would never turn my head before. Just dull sedans, but after driving it a day or two, I'm a little impressed with it.

Does anyone know if I can block off that EGR valve where it enters the intake without causing a problem with the ECM? My intent is to prevent the typical issue of the warping intake. Its going to be owned far enough in East Texas that emissions testing isn't an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              Yeah, this one only has 70k. It was a grandma's car. Excellent condition. Anything is a step up from the POS Saturn he had.
              Grandmother owned, never been wrecked, great condition.

Comment

My wife ran hers low on oil when it had 100,000 on it. It knocked like a notherfucker when cold. Parked it in the pasture at 250k. Still runs fine but down to one good working door handle and 3 deer later.

Comment

They look like the next best thing to an 80's caprice as for a boat type of ride down the highway.

Comment

Working...
                  X