No announcement yet.

Anyone ever taken ALT 90 in Mobile, AL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever taken ALT 90 in Mobile, AL?

Headed that way tomorrow, tunnel has been terrible lately, curious about getting on ALT 90 noth of downtown and avoiding the tunnel. Anyone done this, pros cons, looks like a lot of port stuff over there, didnt know if they cause holdups

On any day of the week you're better off taking your licks than even considering running through downtown, and then 90.
    UNLESS
    You KNOW there is a wreck in/near the tunnel.

Comment

Do not take I10 thru Slidell. Construction before the Pearl River Bridges. It's a night mare.

I'm going that way tomorrow. I'll let you know how the tunnel is when I go over

Comment

There is another, less known tunnel in Mobile that is a couple of blocks north of the main one. Coming from DFW you take an exit very near the main tunnel (i think its water street) and go up to Government street and turn east. You'll go thru the tunnel and come out the other side and then you'll turn and run parallel to I-10 along battleship parkway - the road that runs by the ship and restaurants. After awhile you just merge right back onto I-10. I've had to do it several times when main the tunnel was a parking lot.

Comment

Working...
        X