No announcement yet.

Poison ivy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I get it pretty bad, I got it before going on a little vacation a couple years ago, it damn near ruined the trip for me.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I used to get poison ivy rash pretty bad when I was a kid. Steroid shot from a doc will clear it up quickly, and the high potency (10% - 20%) cortisone cream that was available by Rx worked well too. I've heard that the Clorox method posted above works well too, but never tried it myself.

Comment

I got on my junk after mountain biking and then taking a piss. Not very pleasant but some prednisone from the doc cleared it up

Comment

I'm allergic as fuck, had to do a bout of prednisone last time

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            I get it all the time.. Im the guy who can google an image of poison ivy and get it.. I have a little on my arm now from yard work that I did on sat..

about a month ago I had it all over my arms and chest a couple days after yard work
            My brother is like this. I swear if he gets within 20 feet of it, and doesn't even touch it, he will break out bad. He has the worst reactions I've ever seen. And the only thing that works for him is some ridiculously expensive meds. I don't know what he takes but IIRC it's in excess of $500 each time he has to get new meds.

We'll be clearing brush and stuff up at the farm, and he gets it. I'm in the same shit he is all day, and I've never had it in my life. We also ride dirtbikes quite a bit, and he gets it every single time we go.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Guess ya dont need to be near someone burning that stuff.

Comment

Comment

I've heard the Clorox thing too... tried it once, it seemed to help a little, and it was cheap and available in our laundry room...

mardyn

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

First time I got it, it's was bad. I had it all over and ended up getting the shot to clear it up. I had it on my junk and it made it the most bittersweet jerk times. My wife got it the same time, both of us doing yard work and pulling up what we later found out was poison ivy. She ended up swollen up and damn near unrecodnizable. Hers lasted a couple months and lots of dr visits.

Comment

I get really bad allergies in the Spring and Fall and my fair skin is pretty sensitive to different things, yet for some reason I've never had any reactions to poison ivy or oak.
                        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

They offer some after-exposure washes that can keep you from breaking out if you think you're exposed, cleans the oil off. I'd recommend it for anyone suceptible who thinks they might have contacted it. Always be aware of what plants you're contacting and more importantly, where you're touching afterwards. It can be on your skin after initial contact without any symptoms until you physically spread it.

I got it a couple of times as a kid but I can roll around in it now with little consequences.

Comment

....and dont scratch your ass at night while laying in the bed!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                              ....and dont scratch your ass at night while laying in the bed!
                              Ain't my ass I am scratching these past few night. Hopefully I get seen at our clinic in an hour. Gonna be slightly akward since they all know my wife who works at another of their clinics. I am gonna pop my junk right out there. That sob us swolt up.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

One time at drill we were doing some war games of sorts out in the forest. My job was to lie in wait to ambush groups that came through my area. Not sure if it was poison ivy, sumack, or what, but whatever it was made me miserable for a whole week. From waistline up i looked and felt miserable. Then, right towards the end when it was almost gone, my entire body broke out with giant red splotches that were even worse, some kind of secondary reaction. Had to go get a shot and take some pills at that point.

The wife is stupid allergic to poison ivy. I can brush up against it, dog brushes against something in house, she bumps into that something, boom, breakout. Knowing how badly she reacts to it, she once, for some knuckleheaded reason, decide to pull up a bunch in the backyard. She swelled up all over, her face and eyes included. For a couple days her eyes swelled shut and she looked like a fat faced asian woman. Felt bad for her, though it was dumb of her...

Comment

Working...
                                X