Poison ivy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison ivy

Tell us about your worst encounter and what was your remedy.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

It typically doesn't bother me. Only time it did I used calamine (sp?) lotion and it worked fine.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I used to get it clearing out brush on my parents, and then boss' properties. I would go get the shot, it would clear up in a week or so. Then my brother (who used to get it like crazy) told me he scratches it and shoots it with carb cleaner, clears right up.

it works.

PS: he lost his virginity with a chick in the woods by our house, and got it from his neck all the way to his ankles down his back, ass crack, taint and all. He was miserable for a week.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I went hiking through our 72 acre property in New Jersey when I was 10. Crawled over an old stone wall that had been there for 75 or so years and rubbed up against some that was growing on it. On the way home, I was rubbing my eyes because of allergies and stopped to take a piss.

It must have transferred to my hands from my leg where it initially touched the poison ivy, because when I woke up the next day due to the itching, I had it on my face around and IN my eyes, my hands, on and around my cock'n'balls, and it had spread around the perimeter of my waistline.

Found out the hard way that I am extremely allergic. I'm talking dime-to-nickel-sized blisters everywhere it spread to. We tried all the home remedies for a couple days, but nothing worked, and I ended up having to go to the doctor to get a round of steroid shots and a pack of prednisone. I've had it a couple of times since then, and the shots and prednisone are the only things that make it go away in any sort of timely fashion.

Comment

Unfortunately I broke a branch off on Monday and went to use a porta-jon immediately afterwards. Never even thought about it being poison ivy until this morning. This is going to be a very embarrassing doctors visit. "Look doc, here is a picture of the plant. I swear it isn't an STI/D".

Comment

Ivy Dry Super Lotion worked great for me. I'm really sensitive to poison ivy and it cleared me up quickly.

Comment

I ground up a bunch of the leaves with a baby food grinder and then soaked the paste it hot water. I then skimmed off the scum that settled on the top of the water and stuck it in a spray bottle with some water and liquid dish soap. Proceeded to spray a mist of my concoction onto the bedding of someone who really chapped my ass.

I am not allergic to poison ivy.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                I ground up a bunch of the leaves with a baby food grinder and then soaked the paste it hot water. I then skimmed off the scum that settled on the top of the water and stuck it in a spray bottle with some water and liquid dish soap. Proceeded to spray a mist of my concoction onto the bedding of someone who really chapped my ass.

Completely opposite of the OP. You really do want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  Completely opposite of the OP. You really do want to watch the world burn.
                  What can I say. I was 13 and my friends older brother stole my shit and beat my ass senseless. He was kind of like the older brother in Weird Science and I have a problem with letting go when treated that badly. I let him know that I was the one that fucked him up but did not say how; he never fucked with me again.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I get it all the time.. Im the guy who can google an image of poison ivy and get it.. I have a little on my arm now from yard work that I did on sat..

about a month ago I had it all over my arms and chest a couple days after yard work
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Urine will clear it right away!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                        Urine will clear it right away!
                        I can't pee on my own pee stick. I guess I could lay on my back and piss straight up.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post

Really thought you were going to tell us you add it to your protein shakes.

The carb cleaner makes sense. It is an oil from the plant, and carb cleaner cleans ALL oils off your skin. Then just moisturize with skin cream.

I heard a guy taking a crap in the woods, grabbed a handful of whatever leaves he saw nearby to wipe with. Of course it had to be poison ivy. He lived through some hell for a few days.

Comment

I fish a lot so I've had it and Bad chigger bites. The Best and fastest Remedy take a small bottle of Clorox Clean white rag jump in the shower. shower not like you normally would. Then start pouring the Clorox All over do you affected areas and go to town with it. Do not dilute use raw Clorox let it soak. For about five minutes. Then rinse off with water and that's the end of it.

Sounds stupid but trust me it works And will not fuck you up.
                              Last edited by soap; 07-30-2015, 06:39 PM.
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X