Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bait and Switched on Car Buying Today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Bait and Switched on Car Buying Today.

First time this has happened to me although I know it's common.

Found a used Tahoe for the Wife with a good price, miles, and options we wanted. Call... And "oh yea it's here, let me grab the keys."

Low and behold when i head that way, "We are sooo sorry but it sold right after we talked and I didn't know it yet."

"But we have all these similar tahoes on the lot that are 10k more"

Limited quantities = no bait & switch. If you bought one anyway, that's on you.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ha, no didn't buy one.

I don't know that they had it to begin with. Had stock photos on the website and it was lower miles and cheaper than most anything else we've seen.

Comment

What dealership was it?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post

Found a used Tahoe for the Wife with a good price, miles, and options we wanted. Call... And "oh yea it's here, let me grab the keys."

Low and behold when i head that way, "We are sooo sorry but it sold right after we talked and I didn't know it yet."

Everyone of the salesmen tell me that line.... That's why I say, "Great! Text me a pic of the car for me please." Sniff that BS out real quick
          Last edited by SMKR; 07-29-2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post

Had that happen to me a few months ago at grand prarie ford. It was the manager. I told him fuck him and just left.

You want to lie to me in the face and then want me to give you money for a different truck? Gtfo!
            2014 GT
            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I sold cars a long time ago. A lot of the ads are to get you on the lot. If it's too good to be true it probably is

Comment

Please post the name of the stealership so everyone knows to avoid that shithole.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I love the ads with the picture of the fully loaded limited model for the great price, yet turns out it's the shitty stripped down model for that price. I myself would know, but I'm sure a lot of people probably fall for it. Talk about bait and switch.

Comment

Seriously, who falls for this shit? I want a loaded white, xxxx get there and all they have is xxxx version, which I don't like, base model all clapped out.... Deal! Sure, shut up and take my money!!

Comment

It was GVF

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

I've had that happen to me a few years back. The response was, "Sorry, the manager's buddy had bought it and just rolled off... I couldn't say no to my manager, but let me show you what else we have."

Get fucked on you.

Comment

Working...
                          X