Holy Recalls Batman! Ram truck buy backs and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Recalls Batman! Ram truck buy backs and more

FCA is now being forced to buy back as many as 200000 RAM trucks from 2008 and 2012 model years. The number was originally 500,000 but a lot of trucks were already fixed and are not covered under the buy back.

There is also a recall on newer RAM trucks for airbag issues.
    Two separate problems related to inadvertent airbag deployment have prompted Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and the NHTSA to recall some 2 million late-model Ram trucks.

And of course this comes on the heels of the massive recall to patch a security vulnerability in FCA's Uconnect infotainment system. I just patched my RAM and the wife's Jeep last week.

I just friggin bought this RAM, last march, but after all this crap (and who knows what else) those discounted 2015 F150s are starting to look real tempting..

if you can't dodge it, ram it, and then recall it

Comment

I have never had a good experience with a Chrysler of any kind. Every time I drive a different one I notice something that I wouldn't think anyone would put up with, but apparently some people do. Some big flaw from built in. My buddy's new dodge truck (well, 20k miles) is an automatic and when it downshifts from 3rd to 2nd it makes a loud "clang!" W..t..f...

So I find it hilarious how much cheby guys seem to hate ford cause all the cool kids do, and they'll go out and buy a dodge. Well, have fun. You deserve it.
      WH

Comment

I'm only 7000 miles in on my pickup but it has been flawless thus far.

Still, I'm getting wary after all this bull. If I do get rid of it, it will be some time after we move to North Carolina (assuming I get the new job).

Comment

I wish mine had the issue, I want a 2015 Ram!
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The part I don't understand is that Chrysler was receiving TARP funds in 2008 then filed bankruptcy in 2009. Obama's camp worked out some kind of deal where Fiat, the UAW and the American and Canadian governments were partners. Fiat didn't take sole ownership of the company until January of last year.

Why is Fiat 100% responsible for problems with vehicles built while the Obama folks and the UAW owned more than 50% of the company?

This smells really bad to me. Either we are boning the Italians for some reason or this was negotiated prior to the deal and the Obama camp withheld the information until now. Not sure which is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              The part I don't understand is that Chrysler was receiving TARP funds in 2008 then filed bankruptcy in 2009. Obama's camp worked out some kind of deal where Fiat, the UAW and the American and Canadian governments were partners. Fiat didn't take sole ownership of the company until January of last year.

Why is Fiat 100% responsible for problems with vehicles built while the Obama folks and the UAW owned more than 50% of the company?

This smells really bad to me. Either we are boning the Italians for some reason or this was negotiated prior to the deal and the Obama camp withheld the information until now. Not sure which is worse.
              That is the nature of a corporation. Liability sticks with a corporation.

Besides, do you really believe Obama was running it? It was Nardelli that was running it into the ground in 2008 and earlier.

Comment

Love my Ford more erryday.

Comment

Shit, I remember reading that Fiat was taking over 100% of Chrysler's unfunded pension obligation when they assumed 100% control ... that amount was more than what they paid for the entire company!
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Maybe they'll buy out Ft. Worth next.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      Maybe they'll buy out Ft. Worth next.
                      Hey, looks like it's only underfunded by $1.27 billion now!

But you never know, there could be an untapped Treasure Chest of value hidden in all that.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Hey, looks like it's only underfunded by $1.27 billion now!

But you never know, there could be an untapped Treasure Chest of value hidden in all that.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I wonder if this is affecting the Hellcats production.

Buying a 707-hp Dodge Challenger Hellcat or Dodge Charger Hellcat will get easier — and maybe cheaper — in a few months.

"But as part of that process, some 900 customers who thought they were getting a Hellcat this year will have to wait a little longer — and miss out on that first-model-year pride."

Comment

Quality is job none.
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I got a letter from Ford saying there was a recall on my 14 5.0 airbags..
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X