Bankruptcy Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankruptcy Attorney

Looking for one that does the creditor side of the lawsuit.

We had someone buy a car from us and immediately file for bankruptcy and we were hoping to see what our options were so we don't lose out on this deal.

Anyone know of someone?

Talk to someone that handles fraud. Hit avvo.

Comment

http://www.dlplegal.com/ I know he does this type of work.

It takes several months from the day you file until you have a hearing btw. If they obtained credit while in the process it's definitely fraud and the court would probably love to know about it.

Comment

Dang that sucks
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Bankruptcy does not allow them to just write off a car or a house. Anything with collateral attached is a no go. I think!
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Bankruptcy does not allow them to just write off a car or a house. Anything with collateral attached is a no go. I think!
            yea, from my understanding the lender can't take the car, but they're still responsible for the debt. I'm not a lawyer so...

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              http://www.dlplegal.com/ I know he does this type of work.

It takes several months from the day you file until you have a hearing btw. If they obtained credit while in the process it's definitely fraud and the court would probably love to know about it.
              Thanks will give them a shot.

Comment

If you can I'd make sure the vehicle has comprehensive insurance on it, hopefully with you as the lien holder. Assuming it's required by the contract you can probably add the cost of a policy to the note if they aren't paying it. You want that debt as high as possible in case you are forced to renegotiate the terms.

Comment

If the above suggestions don't work you could hire Frost as a merc/repo man.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                    yea, from my understanding the lender can't take the car, but they're still responsible for the debt. I'm not a lawyer so...
                    Correct. At least that's how it works with car dealers. Say I repo and they file bankruptcy, I have to return the car, but they will still be responsible for paying on it.

Comment

I'd get with this guy

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        I'd get with this guy
                        172 FAQ's as to why he's the only choice.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                          Correct. At least that's how it works with car dealers. Say I repo and they file bankruptcy, I have to return the car, but they will still be responsible for paying on it.
                          Unless it's in house financed the dealer doesn't have anything to do with it. Say for example Capital One financed a car you bought at Automaxx, Capital One holds the lien and would be the ones you'd negotiate with. They probably don't want the car back since you rolled $10k negative equity into it, they'd rather work out an 8 year loan at 1% APR.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            Unless it's in house financed the dealer doesn't have anything to do with it. Say for example Capital One financed a car you bought at Automaxx, Capital One holds the lien and would be the ones you'd negotiate with. They probably don't want the car back since you rolled $10k negative equity into it, they'd rather work out an 8 year loan at 1% APR.
                            I do in house, which is why what I said applies to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X