Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Score one for the good guys. Two car theives headed to jail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score one for the good guys. Two car theives headed to jail.

About 2:20 AM I was gonna smoke one last cigarette before going to bed. I stay in the apartments behind DFW Honda in Grapevine. Anyhow, like I always do, I'll leave the balcony light off and pull up a chair tucked back in the shadows. As I lite up I noticed headlight glare on the drive to my left. Still staying in the shadow and using the corner of the building to my advantage, I peered just a little around the corner and noticed car coming my way. As they were right across from my balcony they briefly braked and I thought my position had been compromised. All was still good on my end as they continued to the corner and backed in at a parking spot while shutting off their lights.

I'm pretty good at making out what make, model and close to what year a car is at night, so I made a mental note of a maroon or dark red Nissan Altima. Still staying in the shadows, I heard two door thuds and peered out a little again to notice two males in black long pants, black shirts and black ball caps. Both of them moving cautiously back my direction and eventually crossing in front and past my balcony. By this time I'm exposed somewhat with only a metal rail between myself and them. Now I'm taking deeper cover and crouching hoping I'm not spotted.

So one individual moves to the rear of a full size four-door 09 Chevy Silverado while the other went towards the passenger side (truck was backed in). The perp that had gone to the passenger side came back around to the drivers side and knelt down at the left front wheel. My first thought was they were stealing wheels and that got my adrenaline really flowing. As I stepped back for more cover I hear a bang noise and the truck start up. As they drove by my balcony, they stopped at the Altima and that's when the other perp hopped in the Altima.

I rushed back in to grab my phone and dialed 911. Gave the best description of both vehicles and perps. She asked what direction they would be going as they exited the complex. I told her I couldn't see from my vantage, but hold on I'm running down stairs now to hopefully give you that info. Thankfully these cock suckers paused long enough for me to see which direction they went and which is the lead vehicle.

They had turned right which leads them to the 121 service round south and from there they can pick up 121 S or 360 S. As went back up stairs I heard sirens off in the distance that seconds later were in my area and followed by two or three more shortly behind. After hanging up with the 911 operator, she called me back about 20 minutes later and told me they had caught the two in the Altima, but cock sucker in the truck tried to drive up an embankment but got stuck and took off on foot. Roughly 45 minutes late a Grapevine officer rolled into my apts to inform the truck owner and I made my way in their direction so I can give better description. The owner was very thankful and I felt like I did a solid for those of us that have been victims of theft.

That's my story on how I helped in getting 2 out of 3 car thieves in jail.
    Last edited by bigmuskie; 07-24-2015, 10:19 AM. Reason: I was ampped up and "in the zone".

That is one long ass paragraph.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post

He's in the zone right now, bro. Give him space.
      .....bro....

Comment

solid job bro.

you may have the year wrong, for one cannot just jump into a 2007 and up silverado, or any gm full size, and start it up without the key like the previous years. these require more than a well placed drill bit and a screw driver. things may have progressed, but not to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
          solid job bro.

you may have the year wrong, for one cannot just jump into a 2007 and up silverado, or any gm full size, and start it up without the key like the previous years. these require more than a well placed drill bit and a screw driver. things may have progressed, but not to my knowledge.
          The 03-06.5 trucks are stupid easy.

You can open the hood by sticking your hand through the grill and popping the cable, have a PCM with theft disabled and swap pcms, the door is easy as hell to get into via screw driver, pull the ignition switch and start it up.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Great job man!

Comment

Fuck yeah brother, run on paragraph forgiven! As a victim of car theft I'm happy to hear that story.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                Originally posted by A+ View Post
                He's in the zone right now, bro. Give him space.
                Fixed it. Yeah that was terrible.

Comment

solid job bro.

I told the 911 dispatcher it was an 09 or newer Silverado. Later while speaking with the officer and the owner, I heard him tell the officer it was an 09.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                    The 03-06.5 trucks are stupid easy.

You can open the hood by sticking your hand through the grill and popping the cable, have a PCM with theft disabled and swap pcms, the door is easy as hell to get into via screw driver, pull the ignition switch and start it up.
                    One perp had gone to the rear of the truck and ducked down. I couldn't tell what he was doing and I lost sight of him from that point on. The other had gone towards the passenger side and he too had ducked down out of sight only to reappear seconds later and knelt down at the left-front wheel/wheel well.

I'm thinking he was reaching up into one or both wheel wells for something.

Comment

solid job bro.
                      Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                      Great job man!
                      Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                      Fuck yeah brother, run on paragraph forgiven! As a victim of car theft I'm happy to hear that story.
                      Thanks. I'm glad I could finally contribute something worthwhile to community.

Comment

Proud of yourself to be TTT'ing this one ever 3-5 minutes.

You wrote this like you were trying to make a viral craigslist ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Proud of yourself to be TTT'ing this one ever 3-5 minutes.

You wrote this like you were trying to make a viral craigslist ad.
                          lol. Hero's always need attention, even though they say they don't want any...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            lol. Hero's always need attention, even though they say they don't want any...
                            I'm guessing that his "adrenaline flowing" was the most cardio he's had in awhile.
                            The use of words like "perp" and descriptions of actions like "tucking", really drive home how Paul Blart-y this guy probably is. I'm sure when he called dispatch they received the "We have a potential 503 in process! Be on the look out for 415, 586 and likely a 487. Citizen over and out!"

I'm sure the officers waited with excitement for the retelling of the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              I'm guessing that his "adrenaline flowing" was the most cardio he's had in awhile.
                              The use of words like "perp" and descriptions of actions like "tucking", really drive home how Paul Blart-y this guy probably is. I'm sure when he called dispatch they received the "We have a potential 503 in process! Be on the look out for 415, 586 and likely a 487. Citizen over and out!"

I'm sure the officers waited with excitement for the retelling of the details.
                              lol. Yeah, perhaps I was a bit too thorough with details. Nothing like this ever happens in my boring and mundane life. And I'm sure a few of us DFWM members could use some cardio in their lives. You're spot in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X