X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VMware is a great company. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
      Shit give me the position you don't want.
      Any position involving cows is one that none of us want Soap, it's all yours man.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

So, the position I want requires SIX frackin' interviews. Hooooooley Mooooley..

The one with the manger on Wednesday counts as one. I had two more on Friday and aced them. I have two more on Tuesday. If I get past those, I'm on to the VP. It's starting to sound like they'll fly me over the Palo Alto for that one.

On the other positions, nothing has happened yet. One is just waiting for the requisition to be issued. The other has been radio silence. I found out who the hiring manager is for that gig, so I'm going to reach out to him next week to make sure HR hasn't been sitting on their ass.

HR at VMware is very spotty. I found that you have to keep on top of them. Another buddy at HP is applying for a consulting position in a group that I know has a big need for new people, but the HR did nothing. I convinced him to contact the HR and boom, he has his interviews scheduled.

Comment

Title made me think of what one of my workers told me the other day. Say " i need tommorrow off I have a job interview cause I dont know if i will have this job. " i told him he still has a job and he still took off.

Comment

My manager told everyone to keep their resumes ready. He knows I'm interviewing. The manager above him told everyone the same thing in a round about way. Every single person on our team in Plano is actively interviewing.

It's sad. Under our previous leadership, we made our numbers every quarter. We beat our numbers back in 2008-2010 when no one at HP could do so. We would put 40% margins on our work. It was a time of chewing bubble gum and kickin' ass.

But our leader retired and we were merged into engineering (a bunch of idiots). We now support other engagements. We add no margins to our work. Thus we are not directly generating revenue and are expendable. The only time we bring in revenue is when we break the rules and bring in our own business. I actually got my hand slapped for landing a deal with a customer on my own. These tards aren't interested in making money. They just want the process followed.

Comment

New Update:

The position I was interviewing for is a Regional Alliance Manager position. I've had FIVE interviews, so far, and aced them all. It went so well that the manager talked to me yesterday and told me that he no longer wanted me for the "Regional" job but instead wants to bring me on for a Global Alliance Manager position.

He said I had interviewed against one other fella for the regional position and he actually beat me out on the technical side of things (which means that guy is DAMN good). However I still showed myself to be technically strong but with a lot more business background and experience in working with corporate execs. So now I'm prepping for one last interview. This will be with a VMware VP. If all goes well, I could start as early as a few weeks but perhaps as late the start of the next quarter on Oct 1st.

So now I'm spending my spare time doing research to prep for this interview. It still hasn't been scheduled but I'm hoping it gets knocked out this week.

As far as the other two positions go. One was filled internally and the other hasn't been posted yet. I heard they are looking to replace a guy that is leaving and the job posting go live in two weeks. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                ... he actually beat me out on the technical side of things (which means that guy is DAMN good).
                Lolz

Best of luck.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

That area in NC is a great place to live and raise a family (if you have one). Also if you have a family 75% travel time would be too much time away from them. I would make the move.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                    That area in NC is a great place to live and raise a family (if you have one). Also if you have a family 75% travel time would be too much time away from them. I would make the move.
                    That's pretty much my thinking. My wife has gotten all excited about moving. I've been painting and making some minor updates to the house. At the very least this got me moving on stuff that needed to get done.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      I obviously dont know the details on your company, though I was interviewing with a company and ended up getting a completely different (and higher paying) job that fit me better than the one I was interviewing for. I didnt even know the position was open.
                      Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                      New Update:

The position I was interviewing for is a Regional Alliance Manager position. I've had FIVE interviews, so far, and aced them all. It went so well that the manager talked to me yesterday and told me that he no longer wanted me for the "Regional" job but instead wants to bring me on for a Global Alliance Manager position.

He said I had interviewed against one other fella for the regional position and he actually beat me out on the technical side of things (which means that guy is DAMN good). However I still showed myself to be technically strong but with a lot more business background and experience in working with corporate execs. So now I'm prepping for one last interview. This will be with a VMware VP. If all goes well, I could start as early as a few weeks but perhaps as late the start of the next quarter on Oct 1st.

So now I'm spending my spare time doing research to prep for this interview. It still hasn't been scheduled but I'm hoping it gets knocked out this week.

As far as the other two positions go. One was filled internally and the other hasn't been posted yet. I heard they are looking to replace a guy that is leaving and the job posting go live in two weeks. I'll just have to see how it goes.
                      That stuff happens.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Why on this Earth does a getting a new job have to have so much drama?

Now they've extended their hiring freeze for at least two more weeks. The future of the entire company is up for debate right now. The parent company, EMC, has an activist investor (Elliot fund management) trying to force them into selling off their VMware stock (they own 75% of VMware). Apparently a lot is going on behind the scenes and there is a decent chance that VMware will be spun off into an independent company.

If that happens, good news for me. Everything will probably move forward. However there is a chance that EMC will entirely absorb VMware or allow VMware to absorb it. Those scenarios could have an adverse effect on my future gig. So the VP of that group decided on extending their current hiring freeze.

Fortunately, I didn't give my notice at HP. I also survived the latest round of layoffs. Nine people on my team were cut yesterday. The manager called me on Sunday and gave me the complete lowdown. I feel that he's being straight with me so I'm inclined to wait. Also, the timing works out a little better for me. We've got our son in behavioral, speech, and occupational therapy. We're having him checked out for Asperger.

Comment

They aren't making it easy on ya, are they?

Comment

Working...
                          X