Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    You cant say the cast and acting in the original films were any better. I mean, you could but you'd be wrong.
    That was great acting in 1977.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      It's all relevant. I'm sure I'd have liked them if I grew up watching them, but I didn't see them until well into my late teens.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        ha

1977 was a banner year for film making.

Star Wars, Smokey and the Bandit, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Spy Who Loved Me (Best Bond film with Roger Moore), Eraserhead

Not a big film in terms of box office, but one my cult favorites 'The Car' with James Brolin.

And if you were to ask my Mom, Saturday Night Fever rocks your face

Comment

I agree with your mom, but not so much on Eraserhead.

Comment

While a lot of people dislike the acting of Hayden Christensen as Anakin, I like the awkwardness he brings to the story of Anakin/Vader. He wasn't smooth or polished like Ewan McGregor, much like Mark Hamill in the originals when compared to Harrison Ford.

Hamill is an amazing voice actor because he's an overactor, and tries way too hard. I thought the similarities in "personality" between the two akward guys trying to be grow u and become a leader/hero was well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              While a lot of people dislike the acting of Hayden Christensen as Anakin, I like the awkwardness he brings to the story of Anakin/Vader. He wasn't smooth or polished like Ewan McGregor, much like Mark Hamill in the originals when compared to Harrison Ford.

Hamill is an amazing voice actor because he's an overactor, and tries way too hard. I thought the similarities in "personality" between the two akward guys trying to be grow u and become a leader/hero was well done.
              But that's not how the books ever described Anakin. He was never awkward, he was always the arrogant, wise cracking, power hungry Jedi. He was supposed to have hulk levels of rage and fury hiding just below the surface, not be a whiny brat.

I will never forgive Episode III for butchering the Palpatine reveal and trap of Anakin. There was supposed to be a confrontation where Palpatine offered Anakin anything that he wanted, a speeder, a star destroyer, an entire system of planets, and even Palpatines own life. He dangled saving Padme and Anakin still turned him over to the Jedi.

It was supposed to be the hardest decision of Anakins life, not a some simple sentence delivered with the nonchalance of discussing the weather. That scene was supposed to be gut wrenching, having to choose between betraying your friends/government, or losing your idol and wife.

On Sam Jackson's side of things, he loves and truly believes in the Jedi order and the democracy of the Republic. Being informed that the Sith have been in power for over a decade was supposed to hit him like a ton of bricks. Then you have the fear of taking on a sith without Yoda or Anakin in the mix.

Again, it was acted with the emotion of a wood plank.

Comment

Working...
              X