Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars

Can't say that I've seen one all the way through. Thinking about watching them all. Which one should I start with?
    sigpic

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
    Can't say that I've seen one all the way through. Thinking about watching them all. Which one should I start with?
    The original one! Then all in order.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Only reason I ask is because I've heard it would be better in a different order. And that one makes no sense and could be omitted. Found this http://time.com/3817072/star-wars-do...machete-order/
      Last edited by 0393gt; 07-17-2015, 05:03 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

The newest 3 (Phantom - Sith) are shit. They do nothing except create holes in the story arc, and prove that just because you can make an entire movie with CGI, it doesn't mean you should.

New Hope
        Empire Strikes Back
        Return of the Jedi

.....in that order.

Comment

They are all terrible. Good story, and awesome magic / light Sabres with shitty acting.

Comment

Get the ever lovin fuck outta here.

You hate working on cars and hate Star Wars? Hate to break this to you, but we're never gonna be soul mates.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              Get the ever lovin fuck outta here.

You hate working on cars and hate Star Wars? Hate to break this to you, but we're never gonna be soul mates.
              Insult his masculinity and sexuality next! Do it!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Insult his masculinity and sexuality next! Do it!
                I thought I just did.

Comment

I also don't watch any sports what so ever.

If it makes you feel better, I love the Star Wars universe and video games, just not the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                    The newest 3 (Phantom - Sith) are shit. They do nothing except create holes in the story arc, and prove that just because you can make an entire movie with CGI, it doesn't mean you should.

New Hope
                    Empire Strikes Back
                    Return of the Jedi

.....in that order.
                    I disagree. The prequels aren't in the same league as the originals, but they are still decent. Hands down the biggest fuckup was casting Hayden Christensen as Anakin. Second biggest fuckup was allowing the wooden performances of Sam Jackson and Natalie Portman.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      I disagree. The prequels aren't in the same league as the originals, but they are still decent. Hands down the biggest fuckup was casting Hayden Christensen as Anakin. Second biggest fuckup was allowing the wooden performances of Sam Jackson and Natalie Portman.

They are marginally decent sci-fi movies. But, they are not decent Star Wars movies. They added nothing to the overall story. They were filled with cheesy fist pump, kickass, idiocracy moments like compuYoda jumping all over the damn place, seeing Boba as a toddler, and watching an awkward romance between a little boy and an obviously older woman.

Not to mention, again, all of the holes that the films needlessly created.

Comment

and watching an awkward romance between a little boy and an obviously older woman.

Not to mention, again, all of the holes that the films needlessly created.
                        There was no "romance" between the two in Phantom Menace. She saw him as a little brother, nothing more. She felt sorry for him and his mother because of their situation. You can see the reasons he became drawn to her as they are obvious, considering he was a slave. The rest is due to bad casting. Because in the story line he was supposed to be around 9 and she was 14. The actors were 10 years apart, which is why it comes across as "awkward" on screen. And the fact that both Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen couldn't act their way out of a paper bag. Also, if you take issue with that then you should also realize there is about a 14 year difference between Han and Leia.

Lucas chose to film all the prequels using a digital camera for several reasons, one being due to the ridiculous ease of editing versus celluloid. I think he didn't adapt to it well and was overzealous with CGI. Scenes were too busy and detracted from the story. I still like all the films as a Star Wars fan. I'll never understand all those "purist" on force.net that sit around and argue about this shit for pages at a time.

It's just a fantasy story that a very bored George Lucas created to pass the time in hospital recovering from a near fatal street racing accident. It's not Citizen Kane.
                        Last edited by LS1Goat; 07-18-2015, 08:36 AM.

Comment

svo did Natalie Portman first in 85

Oops... not a tag.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                            There was no "romance" between the two in Phantom Menace. She saw him as a little brother, nothing more. She felt sorry for him and his mother because of their situation. You can see the reasons he became drawn to her as they are obvious, considering he was a slave. The rest is due to bad casting. Because in the story line he was supposed to be around 9 and she was 14. The actors were 10 years apart, which is why it comes across as "awkward" on screen. And the fact that both Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen couldn't act their way out of a paper bag. Also, if you take issue with that then you should also realize there is about a 14 year difference between Han and Leia.

Lucas chose to film all the prequels using a digital camera for several reasons, one being due to the ridiculous ease of editing versus celluloid. I think he didn't adapt to it well and was overzealous with CGI. Scenes were too busy and detracted from the story. I still like all the films as a Star Wars fan. I'll never understand all those "purist" on force.net that sit around and argue about this shit for pages at a time.

It's just a fantasy story that a very bored George Lucas created to pass the time in hospital recovering from a near fatal street racing accident. It's not Citizen Kane.
                            I'm not arguing that film is better than digital. I understand the ease. Casting, acting, story is what makes a movie. They failed on all of those fronts. I'm not a purist, because I recognize the place that the prequels have in the Star Wars universe. But, the originals have a continuity, and a greater sense of realness than their newer counterparts.

Just my .02

Comment

I'm not arguing that film is better than digital. I understand the ease. Casting, acting, story is what makes a movie. They failed on all of those fronts. I'm not a purist, because I recognize the place that the prequels have in the Star Wars universe. But, the originals have a continuity, and a greater sense of realness than their newer counterparts.

Just my .02
                              You cant say the cast and acting in the original films were any better. I mean, you could but you'd be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X