Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet said Obama said I can print my own money.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet said Obama said I can print my own money.....

In a case of "It was on the Internet so it must be true," a Tennessee woman was arrested for trying to use counterfeit money, explaining to police that she read online that President Barack Obama had passed a law making it legal, reports the Times News.Pamela Downs, 45, of Kingsport was arrested on ...

"this week a woman from Kingsport, Tennessee was arrested for counterfeiting money. That in itself is not surprising - it was her justification why she did it: she told police that she thought she was doing nothing wrong because she had read online that President Barack Obama made a new law allowing her to print her own money."

Some money quotes from the article

After initially responding that she had gotten the fake bill from a gas station, Downs was asked by the officer if her purse could be searched, to which she agreed. Inside her purse, the officer found a $100 which was also counterfeit, according to the report. The bill was printed in black and white and the backside of the bill was upside down.

A couple of receipts from Walmart were also found inside the purse, showing Downs had purchased copy paper and a printer.

At that point she was arrested, and she gave the best money-counterfeiting "defense" we have heard in a long time:

"I don't give a ****, all these other ****es get to print money so I can too."

The police then searched the apartment and found several items consistent with being used to print counterfeit currency including paper, scissors, glue and a printer. Several more counterfeit bills, both cut and uncut, were located at the apartment. Officers estimated the total to be around $30,000 to $50,000.

While at the jail, Downs reportedly told the officer the receipts that were found were items she used to print money in her apartment.

"She then told officers she read online that President Obama had made a new law that permitted her to print her own money because she is on a fixed income, the report stated.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Well... it's not like the Fed does anything different.

Comment

Brb....gonna print some money and buy a low mileage termi....because Obama
      .....bro....

Comment

Uhm, what?

They are black and white, glued together and she's being charged for counterfeiting?

That's equalivaltnt to telling someone your bag of flour is full of cocaine.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          Uhm, what?

Idk, man but somewhere out there, on the internet, Obama said we can print our own money so I'm gonna buy a low mileage terminator.
          .....bro....

Comment

The government doesn't like competition.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

if the fed can do it why can't everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Well... it's not like the Fed does anything different.
                And a chick at that!
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Screw pics of the skeezer, I wanna see pics of the "money".

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    And a chick at that!
                    Most powerful gash in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      Most powerful gash in the world.
                      ftfy
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                        if the fed can do it why can't everyone else?
                        The short answer is that they don't.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          That's right. They don't actually print real money to cover all the numbers in the computers. The shit doesn't actually exist in sufficient quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            Anyone heard from Treasure Chest lately?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              Anyone heard from Treasure Chest lately?
                              Yes.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X