Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of us that do Auto repairs on the side, sometimes it's a pain in the ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
    How could you possibly know that? You didn't ask if it was 2wd or 4...
    Lmao.

I loved going in and asking for some generic part for a project and they HAVE to know what year/make/model/engine. Dude, it's a 5 post relay, the fuck you mean what kind of car? The kind with an electrical system!

Or when I've measured for a belt and tell them the length....and they ask for the year/make/model. I just told you the length I need, the fuck you care what it's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
      Lmao.

I loved going in and asking for some generic part for a project and they HAVE to know what year/make/model/engine. Dude, it's a 5 post relay, the fuck you mean what kind of car? The kind with an electrical system!

Or when I've measured for a belt and tell them the length....and they ask for the year/make/model. I just told you the length I need, the fuck you care what it's going on?
      Ask for parts that go on a boat = good times.

Comment

I had an E30 as a daily for a couple years...my only issues were with the AC, but it was an old raggity convertible, so I just drove it all the time with the top down anyway. Was an extremely reliable car otherwise...I actually slid off the road one night in the rain and turned it up on it's side in a muddy ditch...walked home and got my truck and a tow strap so that I could pull it back down onto all 4 wheels, then yanked it out of the ditch...after a good rinse down with the house (inside and out) kept on driving it.

I eventually replaced that one with an E36 convertible, and it too was a great car.

Bought my wife a 335d last year and it turned out to be a horrendous POS.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
          I had an E30 as a daily for a couple years...my only issues were with the AC, but it was an old raggity convertible, so I just drove it all the time with the top down anyway. Was an extremely reliable car otherwise...I actually slid off the road one night in the rain and turned it up on it's side in a muddy ditch...walked home and got my truck and a tow strap so that I could pull it back down onto all 4 wheels, then yanked it out of the ditch...after a good rinse down with the house (inside and out) kept on driving it.

I eventually replaced that one with an E36 convertible, and it too was a great car.

Bought my wife a 335d last year and it turned out to be a horrendous POS.
          I had a 90 325i coupe, it was amazingly reliable, considering how hard I was on it and that it had well over the 212k showing on the broken odometer.

I bought a 97, and hated life.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I had a 90 325i coupe, it was amazingly reliable, considering how hard I was on it and that it had well over the 212k showing on the broken odometer.

I bought a 97, and hated life.
            My E30 was an 89', and I too beat the living shit out of that thing....it would do some killer donuts from a 5K 2nd gear clutch drop.

My E36 was a 98', but I picked it up as a 1-owner low mileage and well maintained car. Served me really well, and I even made a little on it after driving it for about a year.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
              My E30 was an 89', and I too beat the living shit out of that thing....it would do some killer donuts from a 5K 2nd gear clutch drop.

My E36 was a 98', but I picked it up as a 1-owner low mileage and well maintained car. Served me really well, and I even made a little on it after driving it for about a year.
              I shit 2nd gear in mine one day on a beer run with my neighbor, he was shocked at the nimbleness and relative power. I just put it in third, with him looking at me like I just slapped the queen. Picked up a used trans the next day for $125.

I popped a head gasket in Arkansas, and had to tow it home. I peeled the timing belt off with my hand, I dont think it had ever been changed.

the e36 was pretty haggered when I got it, and my best attempts to fix issues never got me too far. I was happy as hell when I sold it.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
              X