Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of us that do Auto repairs on the side, sometimes it's a pain in the ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of us that do Auto repairs on the side, sometimes it's a pain in the ass

I work on a lot of BMW's, and as much as BMW tries to build a V8 engine, they have always had the most problems.

BMW can't seem to keep any fluid in the component it is designed for ; coolant, oil, power steering fluid, Freon, windshield washer fluid, every fluid on these damn BMW's leaks.

For example, take a look at the over engineered cooling system on a 2007 650i, several hoses, and there's a pipe under the intake that has a o ring made onto it. To properly replace this water pipe, the front timing cover must be removed !!!!
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Oh
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Lmao
      Ded

Comment

Bmw is overpriced shit. People still buy it though because it's expensive shit. Make sure you charge the guy who owns it a buttload of money.

Comment

Do you love valve stem seals

Comment

Damn Germans !!

Make shit too difficult and they like it.

Comment

Right on
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Shit where the mech side worker at. Need a a-arm replaced on a 2000,grand am. Kidding. Just gotta find a weekend to take my step daughter car to my brother to use his tool. I should have been collecting tools from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                  Bmw is overpriced shit. People still buy it though because it's expensive shit. Make sure you charge the guy who owns it a buttload of money.

Idk, bro. I saw a new M6 the other day and that turbo sounded oh so sweet.....I'm sure they spent a stupid amount of bread. It was so beautiful
                  .....bro....

Comment

the beauty of side work/self employment is picking and choosing the jobs

if I don't want to fuck with it, I either flat out refuse or I bid it at a "fuck you" price
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      the beauty of side work/self employment is picking and choosing the jobs

if I don't want to fuck with it, I either flat out refuse or I bid it at a "fuck you" price
                      Hey man, 01 v6 honda accord. Ac blows but only cools some. Refilled refrigerant, no change. It works but not well. Wtf is the problem? I will pay you in high fives.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        Hey man, 01 v6 honda accord. Ac blows but only cools some. Refilled refrigerant, no change. It works but not well. Wtf is the problem? I will pay you in high fives.
                        Expansion valve

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Yep valve clogged won't allow refrigerant to flash. Shouldn't be an expensive part unless it's built into the ac line

Comment

It's amazing how you guys know it's an expansion valve without ever asking what the pressures are. Man wish I was that good

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cubano View Post
                              It's amazing how you guys know it's an expansion valve without ever asking what the pressures are. Man wish I was that good

I am moving from Auto side work to IT side work. I like being in AC.

Comment

Working...
                              X