• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    from the guy dropping 15k on a 300c.
    Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
    Veloster > Terminator
    lmfao!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      from the guy dropping 15k on a 300c.
      You wont hear me calling my car collectable or unique, and its closer to $25k. If I ever tried to sell it, I wouldnt be asking more than what i would feel its worth, probably less than the price on that 03 for sale.

Is anyone here really justifying the price of this car is worth it?

Comment

I like the versatility of the platform, and I'd probably bite on one that was tastefully modded and made good power.

I am ready to get back into a car, but don't have time to build one up.... the old Hatch was stolen just when it was starting to run good, and my red coupe was sold right before it was finished and never run... I kinda got that itch again.

But I don't know if I really wanna buy a brand new Mustang.... a low miles modded Cobra with good power, sounds tasty.

Comment

Collector cars are usually set by the market, who sets the market, people who see value in rare cars. Cars that are limited build, most last year or first year are the most sought after. To me a 2004 Termi in white with low mileage would be collector worthy, as would be the Mystic Chrome or Competition Orange in 2004. Out of the 03-04 build these were the least amount built.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

White being best because it's the best color made.
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
              Is anyone here really justifying the price of this car is worth it?
              It was THE car that a crop of car-guys grew up drooling over. Now that it's ten years later, those guys are starting to get some money and they're looking for the car that reminds them of their youth. Clean ones are going to pull a premium.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                It was THE car that a crop of car-guys grew up drooling over. Now that it's ten years later, those guys are starting to get some money and they're looking for the car that reminds them of their youth. Clean ones are going to pull a premium.
                Danny gets it.

Comment

Exactly why I've always wanted one, turned 16 in 2001 and got a 2001 GT in 2002. So the 2003-04 Cobra was my dream car. I was dead set on an 03 when I was shopping for a toy in 08 and couldn't believe what they were going for and ended up finding an 06 Vette for what a clean cobra was going to cost me.

Comment

It seems a little high but not giraffe pussy high. Low mileage cars on svtp are bringing good money although I wouldn't call this low mileage compared to some of those. White with dark inserts will be desirable. I have seen CO and black cars bring 26+ according to sellers

Comment

Wow, I checked eBay and they are going for much higher than I thought. I guess I have to change my frame of mind and see that everyone can see collectible in anything. Thats pretty cool they are going for that price.

Comment

I guess I have to change my frame of mind and see that everyone can see collectible in anything.

But thats just it, It's not just anything. 2 years of these cars and nothing comparable to these.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                          But thats just it, It's not just anything. 2 years of these cars and nothing comparable to these.
                          Comparable in what way?

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                            Right. Now they are better in every way.

Comment

I guess I have to change my frame of mind and see that everyone can see collectible in anything.
                              They had unique bodywork and wheels, and paint in some cases (Mystichrome). They had special interiors and gauges. A pretty badass supercharged 4v 4.6 with iron block, forged rods and forged pistons. It was the only Mustang up to that time that had a six-speed trans and IRS. They were expensive when new and built in limited numbers.

I'm not a fan of them, but even I can see that they weren't just plain-Jane Mustangs with snake badges (like the '93 Cobras were). The SN95/New Edge platform was built for ten years and they were the first Mustang that a lot of "Mustang guys" ever had. The '03/04 Cobras were the high water mark of that bodystyle... by a mile. Hell yeah they're going to be worth money.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

They had unique bodywork and wheels, and paint in some cases (Mystichrome). They had special interiors and gauges. A pretty badass supercharged 4v 4.6 with iron block, forged rods and forged pistons. It was the only Mustang up to that time that had a six-speed trans and IRS. They were expensive when new and built in limited numbers.

I'm not a fan of them, but even I can see that they weren't just plain-Jane Mustangs with snake badges (like the '93 Cobras were). The SN95/New Edge platform was built for ten years and they were the first Mustang that a lot of "Mustang guys" ever had. The '03/04 Cobras were the high water mark of that bodystyle... by a mile. Hell yeah they're going to be worth money.
                                This guy gets it

Comment

Working...
                                X