Dental Implants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dental Implants

Long story short i drew the short straw when it came to genetics. Bad teeth run in the family. As in my 7 year old already has extensive dental work done.

Add to this the dentist who didnt listen when i told him i wasnt numb and he pulled a tooth anyways, i was never a big fan of dentists and never got braces, ect ect.

Im looking into permanent implants, pretty much the whole set. Top and bottem. Anyone have experience with these? Feed back? Recommendations on where to go?

Aren't they expensive as hell?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      Aren't they expensive as hell?
      Yes!

Comment

One of my uncles has them. Had to implant some bone from hip if I recall. They look great, he's had them almost 20 years now. Why are you opposed to dentures? My uncle said the worst part was when they pulled all of the teeth in two sittings.

Comment

Yeah they are pretty expensive. But my insureance will soak up a good part of it. About 10k is what ill have to pay out of pocket for it. For me thats pretty cheap to fox something ive been insecure about for almost 15 years.

Im not opposed to dentures, just figured the implants would be easier, ie no cleaning, fitting issues, taking in and out ect ect.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeruti View Post
            Yeah they are pretty expensive. But my insureance will soak up a good part of it. About 10k is what ill have to pay out of pocket for it. For me thats pretty cheap to fox something ive been insecure about for almost 15 years.

Im not opposed to dentures, just figured the implants would be easier, ie no cleaning, fitting issues, taking in and out ect ect.
            Look into the baylor school of dentistry in Dallas. My mother in law was just like you, crap teeth and most were missing by 40. She signed up under a student that was getting his DDS and got a full set of teeth for very cheap.

Granted, he is a good DDS now and was an excellent student. Who knows if it will work for you.

Comment

You will be very happy to have nice teeth, get it done

Comment

Sounds painful as fuck. However, I was blessed with shitty eyesight and paid to have a laser reshape my eye, which I think was the best medical expense I have ever had, so go for it. Dentures sound like a cheaper and less painful option, but I know nothing about the implants you are talking about since I did inherit good teeth. Do your research and go for it if it sounds good. Maybe try to talk to people who had it done, or maybe find some message boards to read about personal experiences. Money wouldn't shy me away as much as the pain, personally.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                X