Diesel help/shop recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel help/shop recommendation

Anyone have any recommendations for a diesel shop/mechanic? I have a 2005 Duramax with 125,000 miles. The low coolant warning has been coming on for a while but I couldn't find a leak anywhere. It held pressure on a pressure test but still would leak coolant to a certain point. Once it was low, it stayed at that level and never had a problem with engine temps rising, until the past week. Now when I add coolant, it literally just drains back out but I can't see where it's coming from. Last night my oil pressure started dropping and my low oil level light came on. I am due for an oil change, but I ended up adding a gallon of rotella. Took dog to vet this morning and on the way the pressure started dropping as my truck warmed up. On the way back my truck completely died. I was able to get a ride home and about an hour later was able to start the truck and get it home. White smoke coming out of tail pipe and little oil pressure when idling and not much more when driving. If anyone has any advice or recommendations I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

Diesel Pros off HWY 10

Comment

Diesel Techs in Cleburne.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Damn it man
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          Diesel Techs in Cleburne.
          This

Comment

My buddies use Double G in Alvarado off 67. My friends dad rents their building to them. Seem like stand up guys, but haven't had any personal experience with them working on my pickup yet.

Comment

Losing water white smoke possible sounds like it's got a crack somewhere allowing water to be burned. If it's air to water intercooled that might also be a place to look

Comment

Likely the EGR cooler failed.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Likely the EGR cooler failed.
                  Does that cause other problems or just replace egr cooler? I know nothing about diesels, but just hoping it's not a cracked head.

Comment

Originally posted by billybob81 View Post
                    Thanks everyone!

Does that cause other problems or just replace egr cooler? I know nothing about diesels, but just hoping it's not a cracked head.
                    Call 682-317-1133 (diesel techs) and ask them. I just called Paul (greenbullet) who works there, sounds like multiple issues could be going on.

Comment

Call 682-317-1133 (diesel techs) and ask them. I just called Paul (greenbullet) who works there, sounds like multiple issues could be going on.
                      Thanks for the info and the help! I'll call him tomorrow when I am able to talk.

Comment

Because Government Motors.

CN

Comment

Truck Techs in Haltom City. Specifically, Eric (psdtech on here). I won't let anyone else touch my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                            Diesel Pros off HWY 10
                            Negitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                              Negitive.
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X