So over Charter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So over Charter.

Starting about 45 days ago I had major internet and cable issues.
    I called to request a tech, and had one out pretty promptly (24 hours).
    The first one said it was a 'line issue' and a 'line tech' would have to come out.
    The next guy said the same thing. I literally had 6 people come out before the issue was fixed. It took about 30 days for the issue to be resolved. I was pretty pissed about the entire thing because the TV was basically unwatchable on several channels and the internet speed was hovering around 2mbps.

I was in California for vacation last week. Rather than come home sunday, I chose to come home Saturday for one reason only. To watch UFC 189 on my couch. I can no longer order from the remote, it now says "call to order". To beat the rush I call an hour ahead of time. Low and fucking behold here comes 9pm and the PPV doesnt start. I call back at 9:01 and talk to a pretty ignorant CS rep. They try several things, of course nothing works. She says "The only thing I can do is send a tech out". I reply with, well, it's 9pm and the fight is already happening. A tech obviously wont help me.
    I ask to be transferred to someone who can help.

yada yada- I ask the third person to count the tech visits I've had. He responded with "that's too many to count". I say "why should I stick with Charter?". Get this, he tells me to cancel them, because the only thing he could offer me was a $10 credit. I asked to transfer to someone who could offer me not only the PPV refund, but also a refund for the previous month with massive service issues. Literally after 65 minutes on the phone the 4th person says the same shit. $10 credit.

So, I missed 2 of the 4 fights (I finally bought the fight on youtube and watched it at my PC like a chump), I'm fed up with them, and I'm paying $137 monthly for basic cable (1-95) and 60mbps internet.

So, how's ATT Uverse?
    I don't need much. Just the normal cable channels and internet.
    I may keep charter internet and drop only the cable service.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

cut the cord only pay for internet you can stream the fight .

Comment

Try calling back and immediately asking for the retention department?

No comment on U Verse. I know they had a shit ton of issues early on, but they may have long been resolved. I've never used them for service.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Uverses product is pretty good. It fits the needs of what my family have. Their customer service is garbage though

Comment

Fios is the best I've ever had, expensive but works well and the CS was really awesome when they dropped the ball.

Comment

Don't pay for cable. I have uverse internet, will have gigapower in a couple days. I got the 80 dollar plan.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
              Fios is the best I've ever had, expensive but works well and the CS was really awesome when they dropped the ball.
              I have FiOS and couldn't agree more, but it's not offered in near as large an area as AT&T Uverse or Charter. I pay something like $95/mo for 320 channels (a little less than half of them are HD) and 75/75 internet with a two-year agreement. I've never had an issue with them that is serious enough to remember.

Comment

My only option is windstream. I feel your pain. Get this, windstream runs brand spanking new fiber lines out to my area, but they only run them to the nodes. From there, it's still using the fucking 50 year old copper lines.

They say I can upgrade to 12mb service, so I am all for it. The best my lines can do is 4.5mbps and that is on line noise that the tech claims should be unstable.

Comment

I had Uverse in dallas and here in LA...I went from 60m to 40(all they offer here at the apt.) so they gave me 6 months of all the movie channels for half and a $50 gift card. Been happy with the speeds/whole home dvr service. CS is meh, but tolerable.

Comment

Internet is fine, TV is great for the money. My only complaint is the fucking wireless boxes. Do NOT have them install those on your TV, they are fucking garbage. Also they use IPv6, which is silly.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Do you live in Ft Worth?

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                      Starting about 45 days ago I had major internet and cable issuess.
                      I called to request a tech, and had one out pretty promptly (24 hours).
                      The first one said it was a 'line issue' and a 'line tech' would have to come out.
                      The next guy said the same thing. I literally had 6 people come out before the issue was fixed. It took about 30 days for the issue to be resolved. I was pretty pissed about the entire thing because the TV was basically unwatchable on several channels and the internet speed was hovering around 2mbps.

I was in California for vacation last week. Rather than come home sunday, I chose to come home Saturday for one reason only. To watch UFC 189 on my couch. I can no longer order from the remote, it now says "call to order". To beat the rush I call an hour ahead of time. Low and fucking behold here comes 9pm and the PPV doesnt start. I call back at 9:01 and talk to a pretty ignorant CS rep. They try several things, of course nothing works. She says "The only thing I can do is send a tech out". I reply with, well, it's 9pm and the fight is already happening. A tech obviously wont help me.
                      I ask to be transferred to someone who can help.

yada yada- I ask the third person to count the tech visits I've had. He responded with "that's too many to count". I say "why should I stick with Charter?". Get this, he tells me to cancel them, because the only thing he could offer me was a $10 credit. I asked to transfer to someone who could offer me not only the PPV refund, but also a refund for the previous month with massive service issues. Literally after 65 minutes on the phone the 4th person says the same shit. $10 credit.

So, I missed 2 of the 4 fights (I finally bought the fight on youtube and watched it at my PC like a chump), I'm fed up with them, and I'm paying $137 monthly for basic cable (1-95) and 60mbps internet.

So, how's ATT Uverse?
                      I don't need much. Just the normal cable channels and internet.
                      I may keep charter internet and drop only the cable service.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        Do you live in Ft Worth?
                        Burleson.
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          Burleson.
                          Dang, if you worked in Denton I could help you out with future issues, but my influence doesn’t go that far. I’m small potatoes here; I don’t know anyone in that area. Sorry man.

Comment

I guess I've been pretty lucky with Charter. I've been with them for 14 years now, through 2 different houses. I still pay for 15Mb service, but they've upgraded me to their 30Mb, 60Mb and now the 100Mb service. I do have the Gold package TV service and pay $180 per month, but have every channel available (never know what you're going to feel like watching at any given time).

In all the time I've been with them, the only 2 issues I've had have been a line tech cutting my line while attempting to fix a neighbors issue (they ran double lines at that time, one for internet and one for TV) and I had a modem go out once about 8 years ago (was still one of the crappy Motorola deals). Other than that, service has been flawless.

Comment

I dont know if he even reads this site anymore but Fatasslx used to bitch about charter way back. He was in denton and if i remember right it was down more than it worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X