No announcement yet.

Royal Caribbean Beverage Packages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at doing a beach day in Cozumel and possibly the Xrails excusrion. Which beach resort would you fellas recommend in Cozumel? In Roatan we would like to do one of the zip line excursions and maybe check out the beach as well. Not real sure what to do in Belize yet.

Comment

Mr. Sanchos or the Money Bar are the two popular ones in Cozumel. I doubt either can be booked through the cruise line though. They like to push Isla Pasion. You'll have to travel to all of them but if you go through the cruise line they have speed boats, catamarans and the Twister that go to their island.

I've heard the X Rails are badass!

I'd recommend Altun Ha in Belize, it's every bit as nice as the places in the Yucatan and nowhere near as packed.

Comment

We did a horse drawn wagon tour with one of the "outside the fence" tour groups in Belize.

It was pretty good, but be sure and negotiate the price down first... they start out at 60.00 for two, I think we paid 15.00 each or about 1/2 of asking price.

mardyn

Comment

I would minimize the number of "beach days" and plan something else.

The entire Caribbean is covered in seaweed this year. Google 'seaweed caribbean 2015' and you'll see it.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            I would minimize the number of "beach days" and plan something else.

The entire Caribbean is covered in seaweed this year. Google 'seaweed caribbean 2015' and you'll see it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0f73b20ba0948
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

As of now looks like we're doing Mr. Sanchos (all inclusive) in Cozumel and In Belize we're going to check out the Zip Line, ATV & Cave Water Tubing Excursion. Not sure about in Roatan yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                I take cash and a credit card, I haven't used traveler's checks in 20+ years. Every where in any of those ports will accept US dollars and if you need more the ship has a pursers desk which is basically their bank, they'll usually cash checks no problem.

Your cabin will have a safe so I wouldn't worry about leaving cash on board. The problem with using cash though is that they'll screw you on the exchange rate. In Cozumel for example the exchange rate is 15.99:1 right now, meaning it's almost 16 pesos per US dollar. However all of the stores will have a sign saying it's 9.5:1 or worse. If you pay with a credit card they convert the sale to pesos.

I never really spent any money in Belize but they are at 2:1 and Honduras is 22:1. Most of the places here aren't going to accept credit cards because they know you'll overpay in dollars and not even realize it or care.
                I don't have any credit cards. Have a debit card that can be used as a credit card. Would it work at the ports?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                  I don't have any credit cards. Have a debit card that can be used as a credit card. Would it work at the ports?
                  You need to check with the issuing bank. As long as it has a MC or Visa logo it'll be accepted anywhere on their network however banks will charge you a transaction fee. That and you need to let them know you are going to be out of the country or it'll probably freeze your account the first time you try and use it.

Cozumel is probably the only place you'd want to spend more money and it sounds like you have it covered. Take enough cash to pay for the cab both ways and maybe $100 in small bills. There is a Ron Jon and a bunch of other shops but they are right next to the pier, you can go back to the ship if you need more cash. The Cuban cigar store is pretty nice but you'll probably miss it anyway and all of the other ones are fakes.

I always pickup a few bottles of Mexican Vanilla and some Tequila since those are usually actually decent deals. Everything else will be cheaper somewhere else, possibly even on board.

Comment

Working...
                  X