Looking for some (paid) assistance on a project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some (paid) assistance on a project

I'm in the middle of a GT40 replica build. I have the engine (an MMR 1000 BOSS longblock with most every option) about ready to go into the chassis and will need some help getting it mounted and more importantly, hooking the thing up afterward (have the kit that Ford sells to do this).

I have a guy doing the wiring for the rest of the car. I had a great guy (master tech for Ford) but he is too busy it seems.

If someone lives close to McKinney, wants to help out on a REALLY neat project and pick up some cash (I'm not rich but don't expect you to work for minimum wage either) then let me know.

I also need someone good with fiberglass/bodywork skills too as that's next after the engine goes in.

Note though that I need folks who really know what they are doing here. This thing isn't cheap and I cannot afford to screw it up.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

I just stopped by to say im jealous

Comment

Rules man, we have rules ..

Comment

Perhaps JOHN

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          That might be an option when I get it rolling. I'm wanting to try to get the engine in place at my garage. I built a cage that holds an electric hoist that should make this process much easier but there is still a lot to it.

Once I get the engine in place, I'd like to get it to fire up where it sits but if need be I can tow it somewhere I guess. That would mean a lot more money of course, but it is a viable option if it comes to it.

BTW, so you all will know I'm not some crank (no pun intended), here is my build page showing you what I'm up to.

Well it might be a bit premature as only the chassis and about 50% of the fiberglass is complete. Don't expect to have the kit in my garage until July (I placed my order in mid February and told him no hurry...new engine and all) but I wanted to put a place holder here in case anyone else was...

Comment

It'll probably be tough to get someone to come to you, as most guys that know what they are doing are going to want to have access to their tools (assuming you don't have as extensive of a collection as most professionals).

Comment

sdun does paint and body, and has a good rep here.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                sdun does paint and body, and has a good rep here.
                I'll look him up.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X