Disconnecting for a month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnecting for a month

I think I'm going to "disconnect" from online for a month to see how I feel. I have slowly started dialing back in recent months as a start. I realized that I would get annoyed (not seriously bothered) about stupid things such as debates on the McKinney Pd, the NAACP lady, Gay Marriage etc that didn't matter at all. Not that I had strong opinions either way but that people cared so much about it. I have unfollowe'd or unfriended over half my friends list and just at the place of "what's the point?"

Message boards about the same...only so many drama threads I care to read. Yeah its entertaining but could I be more productive towards work and other goals? So much negativity and when I wake up the first thing I do is scroll on my phone for 10 minutes. Might as well get up and play with my pups/have a quiet cup of coffee.

So July 1 I'm going to go dark on social media and message boards and see what happens.

Funny, I was just thinking of doing the same thing yesterday afternoon. I think I will join you.

Comment

I do this often, these days I ignore lots of crap,

Comment

I can see how playing with your dog and drinking coffee instead of learning from other peoples mistakes can seem more productive.

Comment

Dang Nate...you're all grown up now. I agree man! I do the same thing I jump on my phone first thing every day and before I go to bed. its a sickness
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Lateski's

Comment

I've cut my media intake by about 95% over the last year.

I took a hiatus from being online for a few weeks earlier this year, and it was great.

I try to just not click on controversial media hype threads. But yeah, you'll feel a lot better unplugging...
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I deleted my facebook account and a twitter account I never really used about 2 months ago, I feel so much better.

They should just call it "lookatmebook".

Comment

I've been considering the same thing, for the exact same reasons.

Comment

Bets bets

Comment

$5 on $25 or better

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                        I do this often, these days I ignore lots of crap,
                        We will see about this rite hera

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                          I realized that I would get annoyed (not seriously bothered) about stupid things such as debates on the McKinney Pd, the NAACP lady, Gay Marriage etc that didn't matter at all..
                          Not sure how old you are, but I have found the older I get the less of a fuck I give regarding the thoughts and opinions of current events.

Comment

Comment

Good for you, but who gives a shit?

Comment

Working...
                              X