Does anyone do 25% tint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone do 25% tint?

It seems like every where I go its either 20% or 35%. Any input is appreciated to keep the vehicle within the limits.

25 will read lower than 25 on most cars. most places to stay legal will only go to 30 on front windows. i have seen a few places with 27.

my experience based on - i used to work in tint years ago and have had over 30 of my own cars tinted.

good luck.

Comment

20 is legal

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
        20 is legal
        Only on any window behind the drivers seat. Front side windows have to be lighter for some stupid reason....
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          20 is legal

Side Windows to The Right and Left of The Driver
          Sunscreening devices can be applied to the side windows to the right and left of the driver if the following conditions are met.

Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.

Comment

^ 25 measured in combination with the glass will almost always read lower than 25 like i was saying in my first post. even the state puts that in there. so be aware that if you find a location to use 25 it may not pass inspection.

Comment

Does the state offer any % variance, such +/- 3%?

I'm pretty sure based on what you said, I'm going to do 35% on the front and 20% on the rest, but i'd obviously rather do 20% all around.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                Does the state offer any % variance, such +/- 3%?

I'm pretty sure based on what you said, I'm going to do 35% on the front and 20% on the rest, but i'd obviously rather do 20% all around.
                none that i am aware of. i also did st insp. back in 00/01 and it was 25+ or it failed. you can go darker on rear windows and that will make a difference. 15 is pretty common. also a clear uv film may be applied to the entire windshield. that will help a lot but is usually expensive and has no warranty. think broken windshield and you just lost your money on that part of your tint job.

Comment

Yeah I just got my windows tinted and from what I understand a 35% tint will put you somewhere around a safe 27%, most legal places won't go lower than that in order to keep you from failing inspection.

Comment

I've got 30 on the doors and 20 everywhere else. It's plenty dark for me.

Comment

Originally posted by reytx1 View Post
                      Yeah I just got my windows tinted and from what I understand a 35% tint will put you somewhere around a safe 27%, most legal places won't go lower than that in order to keep you from failing inspection.
                      I've never seen it go that much lower in combo with the glass but entirely possible today. What i remember is it showing 2-4 less in combo with the glass.

Comment

lmfao you still have that thunderbird

Comment

I've never had a problem with 20% all the way around.
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

i did 30% all the way around. it's a premium tint so it works quite well. added 80% windshield tint this year too, nice to not burn.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Remember 35% front. Anything you want in the back.
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X