Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't get to brag about anything very often, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get to brag about anything very often, but....

In 4 days, I will be flying onboard a c2 greyhound to make an arrested landing aboard the USS Ronald Reagan for an overnight stay with some of our US Navy's finest! We get to observe the pilots during carrier qualifications both day and night, tour of the ship, etc. The next day, a catapult launch off the ship to return home.

Hoping my 2 gopros, my DSLR, camcorder, and phone cameras will be enough!

Super excited!

Damn, sounds awesome, looking fwd to video!
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

that's awesome.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

should be a blast.

Comment

Duuuuude. Fuck yeah!

How did that opportunity come about?

Comment

That is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              Duuuuude. Fuck yeah!

How did that opportunity come about?
              My dad met a guy a couple of years ago, they became friends. Somehow this dude has some big connections. All we know about his professional life is that he is on the board for the Army War College, and provides some type of legal service to very high ranking officers.

My dad went aboard a navy sub for sea trials with a youth organization we have been part of since I was 11. US Naval Sea Cadets. He met this guy there, and later sent him an American flag that they flew on the sub while at sea. In return, He nominated us for this carrier embark which is typically reserved for influential public figures... Senators, CEO's, etc. But they have to be nominated by someone with rank to be eligible.

So after waiting for 8 months, we got our official invitation email from a Navy PA Officer and the Commander of Naval Aviation - Pacific Fleet.

Would love to put a face to their names someday.

Comment

Remember a few things:

Jet Blast Travels

Never walk past a "huffer" (flight deck tractor with a gas turbine) while it is starting an aircraft

Non-skid has 2 purposes:
                1. To provide traction for aircraft
                2. To scrape the hell out of you if you fall on it

Always wear ear and eye protection
                (They will probably just give you a cranial)

----------------

Other than that have a great time and get some great pics\vids!

Comment

Solid barg!

Congrats, Dude!

Comment

Traps are cool on a COD. Cat shots are...interesting. Cross your arms and hook your thumbs in the shoulder straps, cross your legs at the shin and put them against the seat in front of (actually behind) you.
                    Have fun!

I've had 5 cat shots, and 4 traps. This is a good ratio to have.
                    Last edited by helosailor; 06-25-2015, 10:30 AM.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                      My dad met a guy a couple of years ago, they became friends. Somehow this dude has some big connections. All we know about his professional life is that he is on the board for the Army War College, and provides some type of legal service to very high ranking officers.

My dad went aboard a navy sub for sea trials with a youth organization we have been part of since I was 11. US Naval Sea Cadets. He met this guy there, and later sent him an American flag that they flew on the sub while at sea. In return, He nominated us for this carrier embark which is typically reserved for influential public figures... Senators, CEO's, etc. But they have to be nominated by someone with rank to be eligible.

So after waiting for 8 months, we got our official invitation email from a Navy PA Officer and the Commander of Naval Aviation - Pacific Fleet.

Would love to put a face to their names someday.
                      Wow! I'm truly jealous. Can't wait to see the pictures and video of your trip.

Comment

Damn, that is kick ass, Danny. Lets hope you don't get caught in a hurricane and your camera equipment gets washed overboard...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Sounds awesome.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                            Solid barg!

Congrats, Dude!
                            Hellll ya! Much jealousy!

Enjoy!
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              Damn, sounds awesome, looking fwd to video!
                              x2!

Comment

Working...
                              X