No announcement yet.

confederate flag removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does that mean all of the replica General Lee Chargers out there are going to have to lose the flag on the roof now?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      So does that mean all of the replica General Lee Chargers out there are going to have to lose the flag on the roof now?
      Only the government ones.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        they gotta put it on the bottom rocker

Comment

The flag is flown a lot near my home, seeing as Appomattox is only a couple miles away. They say it's just about their heritage, but I have to wonder why it's only flown in indigent neighborhoods, trailer parks, and in the back of OBS 1500 silverados.

Comment

Liberal SMFs like to shift blame from deranged mental patients who are taking "medication" to things like guns, flags, etc. However, I do not understand why the confederate flag is still allowed to fly. Would getting rid of the flag end racism? No, but it would eliminate another symbol of the losing side of the civil war which would be a good thing IMO.

Comment

I have always wondered why the battle flag is used instead of the actual flag.

As for taking it down, I really don't care either way.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                I have always wondered why the battle flag is used instead of the actual flag.

As for taking it down, I really don't care either way.
                The battle flag is a more racist piece of cloth than the other.

Comment

Not really. It is a question of at what point did people decided it was more symbolic and representative.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

All Mexico, Puerto Rico flags need to come down too.

Comment

On state property, I can see it being offensive and should probably come down.

To me, it's always signified a love of the southern way of life, anti-yankee-ism of sorts, and a sign of the rebel spirit. It's never signified any hatred or racism to me, but I guess I'm just insensitive. I don't fly it, but I do have an old faded one on the wall in my shop that will stay. I don't give a shit who it offends.

I think it's ok to fly any flag you wish. Just be prepared to defend your position. Mexico lost the war for Texas long ago and lots of good folks died in the process, but you still see that flag flown everywhere, especially in this state. Where's the outrage?

Comment

eBay is banning sales of confederate flag.

Comment

Well eBay needs as much attention as it can get.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            Not really. It is a question of at what point did people decided it was more symbolic and representative.
                            It's convenient that the primary group lamenting the loss of the confederate war effort was the one that decided it meant something else when the original meaning became politically incorrect. Sure, symbols have the meanings people attach to them, but that doesn't mean those meanings are above criticism or scrutiny, or that the people deciding to change their overt meaning without answering for the implied agenda they so recently abandoned have moral high ground to rebut those critics from. Also, when did the meaning switch? Was there a certain point that flying the stars and bars, postbellum, suddenly meant anything except what we all know it means?
                            Last edited by YALE; 06-23-2015, 03:48 PM.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

white crime

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                                All Mexico, Puerto Rico flags need to come down too.
                                ^ owns a confederate flag.....

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                                Its not a hate flag it Heritage
                                lamest shit ever
                                .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                                X