confederate flag removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
    As far as the states flying it or having it in their flag, it should be up for a vote.

I am proud to be a redneck, but I won't fly it. Those of you who use that term in an attempt to be offensive are nieve and should get with the times. It's a term of endearment, just FYI. You'll quickly label yourself as yankee liberal scum offended by hard work.
    You'd be surprised how many yankee bars have the rebel flag in them. Of course, these are all country bars which are NOT liberals.

I can see the argument about it being in/on/around a government building. Let the state population vote on it and go from there. If the SC citizens vote for it great, if not great...it's their choice.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Comment

The dumb part is everything he owns or touches is made by a black person or another race. I dont see him taking off his cloth to burn it.

Comment

i like that golds gym tank top though, i need to get one for the summer

Comment

this is the wrong post i know, but god damn, how are his clothes so 1992 in 2015?

Comment

you better not be talkin shit about stonewashed jeans!!
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Now this is getting a little out of hand. The high school I graduated from was the Rebels also and Dixie is the school song. I graduated in 03 and they had just recently banned the confederate flag in the student section at games before I started highschool.

Football fans at Southside High School in Fort Smith, Arkansas have been cheering for the Rebels and Singing Dixie for more than 50 years.

But that long time tradition is about to end, according to television station KFSM.

A school board committee passed a resolution that will ban the school’s fight song – as well as the Rebel mascot

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                  Now this is getting a little out of hand. The high school I graduated from was the Rebels also and Dixie is the school song. I graduated in 03 and they had just recently banned the confederate flag in the student section at games before I started highschool.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...ight-song.html
                  sounds like souf garland

Comment

There's a high school in Garland that also played Dixie as their fight song at football games. I think their mascot was the Generals.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                      i like that golds gym tank top though, i need to get one for the summer
                      I have that same logo on a shirt from the 70s. Its the softest shirt i own.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...ight-song.html
                        That's cool to know, man! I graduated from Southside High in 1995 which was the same year they removed the flag. Johnny Reb (minus flag) still stands in the main entrance of the school to this day. This was my Johnny Reb:

What most folks don't know is the rivalry between Southside and Northside of which Northside has been right at 50% black/Hispanic/Asian since it's conception. Southside is dominantly white and is conveniently located in the "better" side of town. Rivalry games were constantly packed with Confederate flags via truck bed or otherwise whether the game was home or visitor.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          The dumb part is everything he owns or touches is made by a black person or another race. I dont see him taking off his cloth to burn it.
                          Exceedingly good point.

Comment

Figures the Lincoln guys have each others backs

Comment

Originally posted by TruestreetTim View Post
                              That's cool to know, man! I graduated from Southside High in 1995 which was the same year they removed the flag. Johnny Reb (minus flag) still stands in the main entrance of the school to this day. This was my Johnny Reb:

What most folks don't know is the rivalry between Southside and Northside of which Northside has been right at 50% black/Hispanic/Asian since it's conception. Southside is dominantly white and is conveniently located in the "better" side of town. Rivalry games were constantly packed with Confederate flags via truck bed or otherwise whether the game was home or visitor.
                              This will probably be banned due to cultural insensitivity.

Comment

4th of july will be an awsome day this year

Comment

Working...
                                X