• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
    Denny was there, saw it first hand.
    Mother bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      The flag has to symbolize hate and the civil war has to have been all about slavery and only slavery. If you don't agree with that viewpoint then you see the civil war for what it was, the north dictating that the southern states couldn't govern themselves as the people saw fit.
      What about Alexander Stephens' Cornerstone Speech?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

For centuries the Swastika meant something to do with bird omens (seriously...look it up, it's weird), then some assholes flew it and committed mass genocide and tried to take over Europe. To me, the Swastika is the symbol of the Nazis. Neo-Nazi's would agree. Sucks for bird watchers but the Nazi's took their symbol.

Now the Confederate Battle Flag, might use to not mean anything Racist. It was just the flag the confederates flew. Now, the only people who fly it typically are redneck assholes who ARE racist. So while it used to mean southern pride or what-the-fuck ever, it doesn't anymore for most...including those who fly it. It means they're racist assholes.

If you're on here and you proudly fly a confederate flag, you'd probably get along with a couple of my cousins pretty well, but I'd be hesitant to buy you a beer.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Kind of like the rainbow. It used to mean something nice before the fruits took it over. Now I cringe when I see one.

Comment

FWIW I have never owned anything with a confederate flag, I'm not a redneck, but when are people going to be punished and blamed for just being fucking crazy and stupid, racist, etc? I don't understand this philosophy that objects are to blame and not the person. The gun made him do it, the flag made him do it. Confederate flag aside, this happens all too much. It's called consequences for your actions, or in todays world, fucking excuses and scapegoats for your actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              FWIW I have never owned anything with a confederate flag, I'm not a redneck, but when are people going to be punished and blamed for just being fucking crazy and stupid, racist, etc? I don't understand this philosophy that objects are to blame and not the person. The gun made him do it, the flag made him do it. Confederate flag aside, this happens all too much. It's called consequences for your actions, or in todays world, fucking excuses and scapegoats for your actions.
              I agree. Neither the gun nor flag made him do it, just like the Swastika didn't make Hitler wanna murder everybody, but if you get a new neighbor and the first thing he does is hang that Nazi flag next to his garage, I doubt you'll be telling your wife to bake that newcomer a welcome cake.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                I agree. Neither the gun nor flag made him do it, just like the Swastika didn't make Hitler wanna murder everybody, but if you get a new neighbor and the first thing he does is hang that Nazi flag next to his garage, I doubt you'll be telling your wife to bake that newcomer a welcome cake.
                I'm not saying that. Obviously stupid people like to use objects to represent themselves in certain ways, but that's on them. Regardless if they hang a flag, they still are going to have that hatred. Banning a flag will not change someone behavior or mindset. Just like banning a gun wont prevent a crime. Lots of dumb people in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  Aww c'mon... you know nazis like their baked goods!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      Banning a flag will not change someone behavior or mindset. Just like banning a gun wont prevent a crime. Lots of dumb people in this world.
                      That's the thing though, the specific debate right now is about this flag flying at a state capitol. No one, as far as I know, is calling for an outright ban. You want it in your garage or truck window? You want it tattooed on yourself? Great, have at it. You love Lynyrd Skynyrd more than life itself? Wonderful.

A governing body though? Is it not comparable to Texas flying the Battle of Gonzales flag in Austin?

The government of South Carolina is now part of the United States. At one point they were under Confederate rule, but they are no longer loyal to that group as it no longer exists. What if Poland flew a nazi flag under their national flag? It's their heritage after all - they were once under nazi rule, and there might be a subset of the population who would still support that...

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        That's the thing though, the specific debate right now is about this flag flying at a state capitol. No one, as far as I know, is calling for an outright ban. You want it in your garage or truck window? You want it tattooed on yourself? Great, have at it.

A governing body though? Is it not comparable to Texas flying the Battle of Gonzales flag in Austin?

The government of South Carolina is now part of the United States. At one point they were under Confederate rule, but they are no longer loyal to that group as it no longer exists. What if Poland flew a nazi flag? It's their heritage... they were once under nazi rule...
                        I don't disagree with that, but this whole thing was stirred up by someone "representing" it. I agree that due to it's history it probably should have been taken down years ago.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                            Wow, at least a few of you listened in civics class. Most people think it was all about slavery. This generation has no clue what the civil war was really about
                            Just had a discussion with the old lady about the confederate flag. She says that flag has more meaning of slavery then actuall politics. She is so wrong. 10% right atleast.

Comment

As far as the states flying it or having it in their flag, it should be up for a vote.

I am proud to be a redneck, but I won't fly it. Those of you who use that term in an attempt to be offensive are nieve and should get with the times. It's a term of endearment, just FYI. You'll quickly label yourself as yankee liberal scum offended by hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                That's the thing though, the specific debate right now is about this flag flying at a state capitol. No one, as far as I know, is calling for an outright ban. You want it in your garage or truck window? You want it tattooed on yourself? Great, have at it. You love Lynyrd Skynyrd more than life itself? Wonderful.
                                Ebay, walmart, and sears are all banning the sale of confederate flag items. I feel like a shit storm is coming...

eBay will ban the sale of Confederate flag merchandise, the auction site announced Tuesday, in a decision that follows in the steps of major retailers like Walmart and Sears.

Comment

Working...
                                X