Dealing with Police on stolen car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    people wonder why I don't invest in high dollar alarms, GPS tracking, or any such fuckery on my vehicles. (yes, I realize this is different from a lien-holder perspective)

I invest my money in good insurance coverage.
    Exactly, I pay a premium for good service in regards to insurance and if something disappears I don't want it back. I haven't had one stolen yet, but when I totaled one and the other guys insurance started screwing me around I took it to state farm and they had me a check in 3 days for more than I thought the truck was worth. Then a year later I got my deductible back after they got their money out of Farmers.

Comment

After physically locating it and calling 911 to have an officer meet us we had to wait about 3 hours for them to show up this time. We drove out there and showed them and they said yep no way a tow truck can get here..

We are supposed to release it to the owner but we are going to release it to you.. and if you can get it out good on you. Took my info and left.

After throwing a set of tires on it and using a come along to wench it out a few inches at a time we finally got it out.

Comment

Why are you doing the work?

Shouldn't the owner be dealing with this.

Comment

Sorry for the big pics.. tinypic.com the name is misleading...

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Why are you doing the work?

Shouldn't the owner be dealing with this.
            The customer said he wasn't sure he wanted the truck anymore and until he saw it he wouldn't know.. So we had to dig it out and get it back to the lot.

Most likely we will mark it as a repo and fix the steering column and put good tires on it

Comment

why even fuck with it at all?

let the insurance pay off on it
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Ahh the joys of tote the note.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  why even fuck with it at all?

let the insurance pay off on it
                  Start the process of fucking someone else selling it again.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

What fucking wheels were on it to make someone give a fuck about it?
                    What stupid son of a bitch has something like that financed, and puts aftermarket wheels on it?

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                    Ahh the joys of tote the note.....
                    Oh, nevermind.

Carry on.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ah, the tote the note business, where every day is an adventure.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I have a 96 Suburban I am parting . Has perfect steering column WITH key. $75. (you pull)
                        Last edited by dcs13; 06-23-2015, 11:50 AM. Reason: added

Comment

So do you speculate the owner actually ditched the vehicle?

Comment

it's going to be repo'd anyways, might as well keep the shitty wheels and sell them.
                            sigpic

Comment

The thought crossed our mind for sure. But there was still some personal stuff in the car. Not valuable stuff but if he were to ditch it I would think he would get his stuff out first.

It had the plain factory type wheels and tires on it. The took all four plus dropped the spare. They also took some speakers but left the crappy radio.

I think they probably left it out there to see if it would be found before trying to strip it further. We found another truck a little further down and it was completely stripped. most components of motor were gone and interior gone. Fenders and doors gone as well. Then set on fire. Was a 90s model ford truck that had been down there for years by the look of it.

Comment

What part of Dallas was it found may I ask? If I ventured a guess, somewhere south and near the Trinity river?

Me and a buddy found an old 60's Dodge truck with a gooseneck trailer deep in some woods once. There were no apparent roads so it had to have been there a while. We figured it was probably stolen and parked there. It was deeep in the woods too.

Comment

Working...
                                X