Inground pool liner help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inground pool liner help needed

I have an inground pool with a liner that has some tears. Im pretty sure i have repaired it as much as i can. I think it will have to be replaced this summer. Just wondering if anybody on the board has any experience with this, and can recommend a good company. I dont want to just pick at random. Also what is the typical cost. Its 18x32 rectangular with steps(wich i want to replace also).

Svo855 is your man. He actually invented and patented the pool liner, and lives off the royalties.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      Svo855 is your man. He actually invented and patented the pool liner, and lives off the royalties.
      Lmao. So knew that was comming. Well played. Now roll all the tags, but if he does know his shit i will listen. Because i dont know dick about replacing a liner.

Comment

It is a pretty simple DIY for two to three people. Just cut the old liner out in pieces and put the new liner in. Plenty of good instructional videos on YouTube.

Comment

As mentioned above, it's a pretty straight forward process. I had a liner pool in my last house, and I had to replaced the liner once after a hail storm blew holes in one end of it. We used a guy that came out and did the whole thing by himself. Took measurements and ordered it, then once it came in he came back out and removed the old one and prepped everything in a day, then came back to next day and installed the new one. I don't recall his name, but I'll see if my wife remembers. Mine was a kidney shaped pool, about 18K gallons, and I think we paid about $1500.

One piece of advice that I can give you - avoid the ones with darker colored patterns near the top edge. They make some really cool looking ones. We selected one that was a good shade of blue, and it had what resembled a terracotta tile along the top edge, which looked great for the first year or so, but then that darker color started to fade at the water line....it didn't age well.
          Last edited by Rreemo; 06-17-2015, 08:28 AM.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            As mentioned above, it's a pretty straight forward process. I had a liner pool in my last house, and I had to replaced the liner once after a hail storm blew holes in one end of it. We used a guy that came out and did the whole thing by himself. Took measurements and ordered it, then once it came in he came back out and removed the old one and prepped everything in a day, then came back to next day and installed the new one. I don't recall his name, but I'll see if my wife remembers. Mine was a kidney shaped pool, about 18K gallons, and I think we paid about $1500.

One piece of advice that I can give you - avoid the ones with darker colored patterns near the top edge. They make some really cool looking ones. We selected one that was a good shade of blue, and it had what resembled a terracotta tile along the top edge, which looked great for the first year or so, but then that darker color started to fade at the water line....it didn't age well.
            Thanks for the info. Im gonna try to avoid a design on the top. The one i have now has them and they have looked like shit for years. If u find the name please let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X