No announcement yet.

Wife totaled the car, what now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never buy an extended warranty on a new car any more. Last time I purchased one through Ford in 2003 I never once used it, which admittedly speaks well for the car.

Comment

I would by a 15k Chrysler 300C and dump 20K in to it. You know, just to keep it up to date while I daily it for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
        I would by a 15k Chrysler 300C and dump 20K in to it. You know, just to keep it up to date while I daily it for a few years.
        Now we are going places.

Abecx is going to hack your cpu to pieces.

Comment

Have you tried hitting it?

The wife, not the car.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Be better to buy a Mona lisa and stash it in the trunk

Comment

Bravo
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Lmao!

Comment

This thread has so much win.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    Have a life insurance policy on your wife?

Sucks, but all you can do is argue for more with the insurance company. If you're that far apart in DTV, GAP was the only thing that would make it easy.
                    Lol that was awesome as my wife pissed me the fuck off today. Made my night bro. Thanx
                    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

We're eliminating quite a bit of negative equity with a lease. but my wife barely drive 10k per year so it made sense for us. After 39 months we will be clear of the negative equity from my last 2 rides

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
                        We're eliminating quite a bit of negative equity with a lease. but my wife barely drive 10k per year so it made sense for us. After 39 months we will be clear of the negative equity from my last 2 rides
                        Do tell, how does leasing a car eliminate negative equity? It's helping you pay it down/off, which is not much different than rolling it into financing. You're currently likely paying for the cost of depreciation, some profit, and a bit extra to pay down that negative equity. At the end of your lease you'll be turning in a car with x amount of positive equity, and get $0 in return, thus paying off all that negative equity plus interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Do tell, how does leasing a car eliminate negative equity? It's helping you pay it down/off, which is not much different than rolling it into financing. You're currently likely paying for the cost of depreciation, some profit, and a bit extra to pay down that negative equity. At the end of your lease you'll be turning in a car with x amount of positive equity, and get $0 in return, thus paying off all that negative equity plus interest.
                          We did a Red Carpet Lease through Ford on a 15 Explorer. At the end of the lease we have the option to refi the remaining balance and keep it, or walk away from the lease and pay whatever the fee is. We will have zero balance to go in whatever direction we choose. Back when I sold cars I did this to get my dad out of a shitty lease on a toyota he was 10k flipped on. He did a 24 mo red carpet option(doesn't exist anymore) and totally eliminated the negative equity after the 2 years.

Comment

It's all good, just pointing out that negative equity doesn't just go away, you're paying it, just like your dad did, just in a less obvious (to you) way.

Comment

???? Lease a car you're upside down on and buying? To pay it off faster? So lost
                              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

we had 6k in negative equity which is basically $120 per month added onto my payment. At the end of 39 mos that works out to only 4700 of the negative equity paid on. So I walk away +1300. If I kept vehicles until the wheels fell off then it makes no sense to lease it. But we trade quite often, and this made the most sense

Comment

Working...
                                X