anyone own a carpet cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone own a carpet cleaner?

so since we are in monsoonX season, and have a new pup ive got some dirt on a rug. we only have carpet in the bedrooms and wood/rugs in living rooms, tile in the kitchen/breakfast area. has anyone bought a carpet cleaner vs. calling someone out to do it or renting the machine from lowes?? just wondering what i should be looking for in a machine, or if its better to farm out this kind of work. thanks!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Call George at Sierra Steam. Tell him I referred you. He won't nickel and dime you like the other companies will. And his steam extractor will do a hell of a lot better job than a RugDoctor from Home Depot. He's quiet, but a hell of a nice guy, and a veteran. I doubt this costs you much more than a steamer rental from HD.

We offer high quality carpet, upholstery and tile-grout steam cleaning services. We also offer other services. Call us today. 972-904-0130.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've got the Bissell that Costco sells. It works fine for cleaning up spills and dog piss and what not in between steam cleanings, but I wouldn't rely on it to do a whole house regularly. Your OCD won't allow you to rent a machine anyways. Other people clean their nasty ass carpet with those things and they are not serviced in between rentals, only every so often and that's just fucking gross.

Comment

We have one of the Hoover carpet cleaners with the rotating brushes on the bottom. It's cleaned up many stains from dog pee/kids spilling drinks/mud/dirt/ etc.

Comment

I have bought 3 bissels an they all crapped out after a year

Comment

Yeah, but she's out of the country at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              We have one of the Hoover carpet cleaners with the rotating brushes on the bottom. It's cleaned up many stains from dog pee/kids spilling drinks/mud/dirt/ etc.
              That's what I have, $150 and a two year warranty from Home Depot. I don't know if it's the best in the world but it cleans up dog messes pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                I have bought 3 bissels an they all crapped out after a year
                Our last one started leaking after a couple of years, but Costco exchanged it, no questions asked. Most of our small appliances come from them so if something does happen, you get a new one no matter how old it is.

Comment

I have one I could sell you. I moved into a new house last year and do not have any carpet, so I have no use for it anymore.
                  Scott Ganow
                  Lone Star Performance
                  16300 Midway Rd
                  Addison, TX 75001
                  214-630-5006

Comment

I have a wife, best carpet cleaner I've ever had....
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Call George at Sierra Steam. Tell him I referred you. He won't nickel and dime you like the other companies will. And his steam extractor will do a hell of a lot better job than a RugDoctor from Home Depot. He's quiet, but a hell of a nice guy, and a veteran. I doubt this costs you much more than a steamer rental from HD.

http://www.sierrasteamcarpetcleaning.com
                      Hes the only guy I use to clean my carpets. And he arrives on time, gives you a quote and tells you how much and thats what you pay. I've used many companies over the years and so far his carpet cleaning techniques have beat everyone elses.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        so since we are in monsoonX season, and have a new pup ive got some dirt on a rug. we only have carpet in the bedrooms and wood/rugs in living rooms, tile in the kitchen/breakfast area. has anyone bought a carpet cleaner vs. calling someone out to do it or renting the machine from lowes?? just wondering what i should be looking for in a machine, or if its better to farm out this kind of work. thanks!

god bless.
                        Hey ELVIS , My self ALvin I am new to this forum and searching for carpet cleaning forum thread , and here I find yours , Well I am so late for reply but hope this will help both of us .
                        Last month is my wife's birthday she loves pets so I gifted a new pet to her her name is Shelty .My wife is really happy with me but the only problem which is troubling me and wife is our carpet cleaning .Many times I got cleaned my carpet through carpet cleaning services but the worst part is they don't do it in a proper way and charge around $300 . So i decided to buy a carpet cleaning machine , but this is also a big risk as I don't have any knowledge about it So to get sure I visited these carpet shampoo review sites dfwmustangs.net and dfwmustangs.net and after confirming and reading all about the carpet shampoo machine.
                        I am wondering to order a Bissell from amazon.com

I think this is the best machine for spot cleaning and I can also use it for my car carpet cleaning . What you all guys think about it ? Is I am making the right choice ? Your suggestion's are valuable, so Please help me guys .

Thank you
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Chili; 02-04-2016, 08:43 AM. Reason: Remooved his-selves' links

Comment

What just happened? Who stole the flux capacitor?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by alvinkeller009 View Post
                            Hey ELVIS , My self ALvin I am new to this forum and searching for carpet cleaning forum thread , and here I find yours , Well I am so late for reply but hope this will help both of us .
                            Last month is my wife's birthday she loves pets so I gifted a new pet to her her name is Shelty .My wife is really happy with me but the only problem which is troubling me and wife is our carpet cleaning .Many times I got cleaned my carpet through carpet cleaning services but the worst part is they don't do it in a proper way and charge around $300 . So i decided to buy a carpet cleaning machine , but this is also a big risk as I don't have any knowledge about it So to get sure I visited these carpet shampoo review sites dfwmustangs.net and dfwmustangs.net and after confirming and reading all about the carpet shampoo machine.
                            I am wondering to order a Bissell from amazon.com

I think this is the best machine for spot cleaning and I can also use it for my car carpet cleaning . What you all guys think about it ? Is I am making the right choice ? Your suggestion's are valuable, so Please help me guys .

Thank you
                            you think it would get your blood out of my carpet?

god bless.
                            Last edited by Chili; 02-04-2016, 08:43 AM. Reason: Removed his-selves' links
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              you think it would get your blood out of my carpet?

god bless.
                              What's wrong Elvis, do you not like his-self Alvin? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X